Prologue

***

A young black-haired boy was sleeping on the ground on a windy grass field, far away from the city's walls. The sounds of the cold wind brushed upon his ear, as a black cat was curled on top of his chest and was sleeping with him.

The young boy wore a gray long-sleeved polo folded up to his elbows, his arms were wrapped with white bandages and white gloves in his hands, black slacks paired with brown leather boots, a dark leathery pouch strapped on his hip, and a long black cape on his back. Beside him was a wooden staff with a red orb on the tip and a small book about magic.

The young boy was Akumin, a member of the Crimson Demon clan. He along with his twin sister went out of their village to become the greatest wizards that ever existed. But right now, he was trying to avoid his twin sister, as he wanted to save himself from her annoying shenanigans.

However, fate seems to adore ironic comedy. From a distance, a short black-haired girl wearing a red robe and a black hat and cape. She was wielding a brown staff with a blue crystal in the middle. She was marching toward Akumin's current resting place. She oddly resembled the young boy, her crimson-red eyes glowed brightly, as she wields her staff with the intent of harming someone.

This young girl was none other than Megumin, Akumin's older twins sister. The two decided to leave to become adventurers, but due to her love of Explosion Magic, people seem to avoid them and not accept them to their parties.

She loomed over Akumin and glared at the peacefully sleeping boy. The girl growled, baring her teeth, and raised her staff to bonk the young boy in the head Akumin in response sat up and groaned in pain. The cat that was on his chest was awoken and created a weird noise, before jumping off the young boy's chest.

"What was that for?!" Akumin angrily asked, as he was rubbing on the spot the young girl hit him. The other twin only crossed her arms and glared at Akumin.

"Well, I've been searching for you around the city! And here I see that you were sleeping in a monster-infested area!" Megumin yelled as she was now shaking the young boy. Akumami was a little dizzy from the shaking, he had enough of this and grabbed his staff.

"Oh please! I can handle myself well!" Akumin rebutted, but Megumin then glared at Akumin with a scary look on her face.

"Do you remember that one time you got eaten by a toad?!" Megumin yelled, as Akumin scoffed and shook his head.

"How many times have I told you, they just caught me off-guard!" Akumin said. Akumin couldn't let his pride be broken by that event where he got eaten by a toad.

"Still doesn't change the fact that you got eaten by a frog you stupid airhead!" Megumin started to shake Akumin once again. The young boy was a little dizzy from Megumin's shaking, he finally had enough of this and grabbed his staff.

"That's it! Paralyze!" He yelled the staff's orb glowed brightly as Megumin suddenly fell to the ground.

"Ack! Why??!!" She asked as she was hoisted up from Akumin's shoulders. He only replied with a cheeky smirk.

"I'll dispel the curse once we return to the city of Axel." He said as he was carrying their stuff in his backpack. The black cat from earlier yawned and stretched. The cat quickly climbed on Akumami's head and laid down on it.

"For now~ You behave," Akumami said as he started walking towards the city gates.

"This is unfair! After you dispel this curse, I'll blow you up into smithereens!" Megumin's threats fell on deaf ears, as Akumin just hummed a tune while he ignored Megumin threatening him with Explosion magic.

But what the two didn't know, was that this was the start of an incredible journey. A journey towards their greatest ambition and the discovery of the blessings in this wonderful world!

***