Red?

Start of the story: https://archiveofourown.org/works/42622623

"Oh... uhm, yeah, I am ok it was a just stupid question, Mario will leave now" Mario said quickly pulling up a quick smile. Mario then proceeded to push past Meggy and left the house leaving Meggy alone. Before Meggy could process what happened Meggy's phone began to ring. She decided to see who it was, and it was SMG4.

"Hi smg4"

"Hi Meggy, the pizza is done, but where are you?" SMG4 asked.

"Oh, I just went for a walk to pass the time, but may I ask when the last time was you checked on Mario?"

"Mario? No, I haven't checked on him for a while since the pizza incident... why do you ask?"

"I went to go check on Mario, and he look genuinely sad for a moment and then ran off."

"Meggy, I know you are concerned about Mario, but he will be fine, he just needs to take responsibilities for his actions."

"Ok... well see you at the castle in 5, and don't start the pizza without me."

"Ok see you then".

"bye"

"bye" Meggy hanged up the phone. 'You know what smg4 is right, but Mario seemed more concerned other something else. I will go look for him after pizza.'

-With Mario-

Mario had run off. He went into the forest not thinking about the direction he was going as trying to keep a hold of himself. After a while of running Mario stopped out of breath, tears forming in his eyes.

Mario spotted a nice flat rock with some moss growing on it. Mario sat down on the relaxing rock and letting tears run down his face. After a few minutes he hears flowing water. Mario decided to follow the sound util he found a small waterfall flowing into small lake.

"Wow," Mario said out loud amazed.

"I never seen anything so elegant."

"Yeah, it is," said someone.

"Wait whose there?"

"Mario, it's me Greg" Greg replied.

"Greg? Mario is verry sorry for shooting you down."

"Mario, I have already forgiven you so don't put yourself down because of that," Greg replied.

"But I have to say you have a lot you have bottled up, and you know it is not good for you so you should go back and talk with someone about your problem."

"I know Greg, but what with they don't take it seriously?" Mario asked.

"They are your friends, aren't they?"

"Yeah"

"Then go tell them at least some of your problems, so you don't have so much to carry." Greg said.

"I will think about it; but Greg do you know the way home?"

"Oh, that just head the opposite direction of the pond of where you are looking right know ".

"Thanks, Greg, for the tip and the way home!" Mario replied hoping for a reply, but no reply ever came. So, for the next hour Mario walk back home thinking what he would tell the others.

-at the castle-

"HeY SmG4!" Bob shouted with a mouth full of pizza.

"What is it, Bob?" Smg4 ask.

"ThIs Is ThE bEsT pIzZa I hAvE eVeR eAtEn!"

"Thank you, Bob, but I was not the only one who helped bake it, everyone did!"

"Hey smg4, where is Mario?" Boopkins asked.

"I don't actually I don't know, Mario usually has a 6th sense of when and where people are eating, especially us and usually join us for food, but he has not arrived yet." Smg4 replied.

"I hope that Red is just getting some rest as earlier he looked genuinely sad when I left him." Meggy replied.

"Hey Meggy!"

"Yeah?"'

"So, when you said he looked genuinely sad what do you mean?"

"Mario was not having a tantrum cry but more of a holding back tear cry if you know what I mean and then mentioned about being stuck with what he is or something like that then played it off saying it was a stupid question and walked off" Meggy replied to smg4.

"ThEn He Is A pUsSy," Bob started to say before Meggy kick Bob.

"Ow My OvErIes!"

"Ok that is concerning, as Mario has never been like that except for Greg the alien's death" Smg4 replied.

"That is exactly what I thought, but do you think when we left him when we were breaking the pizza world record, we struck an emotional chord in him?" Meggy stated.

"Maybe but know looking back at it know it was selfish of us doing that as despite how dumb and annoying he is he still helps all of us out." Smg4 said.

"Yeah, he helped me win splatfest and gave me spaghetti after I was upset over the first splatfest" Meggy added.

"He always helps everyone in his own questionable way, but he does help at the end" Smg4 added on

"Maybe tomorrow we will go say sorry to Mario after some sleep".

After that everyone began to leave the castle to head home. Once everyone was gone Smg4 started to feel the guilt pile on himself of not checking on how his avatar was feeling and presuming he was ok.

After a while everyone was fast asleep in their bed when a red, moustached Plummer snuck into peach's castle. Mario crept into a hidden room with a functioning pipe that no one knew about except himself and went to sleep.

-The next morning-

At the start of dawn Mario woke up and decided to plan what he wanted to plan how to tell them. Or at least say sorry for his actions. That is when it hit him 'what if I make them a sorry picnic with everyone's favourite food except Peach and Toadsworth as they don't deserve anything.' Mario then proceeded to list everyone's favourite food and plan where he will have it. After getting the list of everyone's favourite food Mario was still stuck of where he will have it. Then it clicked. The area near the pond in the woods there was enough space there.