II.

˚·* ✦ 〰️〰️〰️〰️﹝☕️﹞〰️〰️〰️〰️ ✦ *·˚

the next day..
9:35 a.m

the male woke up early today. why? no one knows. he usually sleeps in until twelve in the afternoon.

'great.. i should find something to do' since eren doesn't usually wake up at nine, he now has to find something he can do in the morning instead of the afternoon.

he lazily got out of bed and got dressed because there was no way he was going out in just his boxers, he wanted to be a decent human being.

he said goodbye to armin, "where are you going at this hour? you should still be sleeping." his roommate teased as he knew eren's sleeping habits. "ha ha, very funny armin. i'm just going to walk around for a bit, won't be too long." he left the apartment, using his key to lock the door behind him.

'this weeks weather has been surprisingly nice' he thought to himself and smiled.

passing a coffee place he thought to himself, 'i'm kinda thirsty... some coffee sounds good right about now' he walked through the glass door of the small cafe.

the bell on top of the door rang, indicating someone had walked in. the wonderful aroma of coffee filled the man's nose as he entered the small shop.

"hello! how can i help you?" the barista greeted eren as he walked up to the counter. "uhm, could i just get a black coffee? oh, and a chocolate chip cookie please." the male smiled.

"yes, of course! your drink will be ready shortly," she informed him. she took a fresh chocolate chip cookie off of the shelf and gently placed the cookie into a small, white pastry bag.

the male stood there next to the counter, waiting for his simple, black coffee. looking around, he noticed a familiar [h/c]-haired female sitting alone in a booth at the back of the cafe, silently reading a book.

'why is she sitting alone?'

lost in thought, he hadn't realized his drink was ready. "excuse me, your drink is ready!" the barista slightly shouted to get his attention, which worked.

"ahh! thank you." he sent a smile to the barista, which caused her cheeks to flush.

'maybe i could sit with her..' he thought as he looked for a seat. though there were lots of vacant seats in the shop, he had the strange urge to sit with her, to talk to her. he didn't even get the girls name from yesterdays meet.

he walked over to the female, standing in front of her waiting for her to notice his presence.

finally looking up from her book after feeling watched, she noticed the boy. he gave her a smile which which she returned back. "can i sit here?"

"eren, hey! go ahead." she gave him the kindest smile she could, he was a friend after all. or, at least she'd hoped he was.

after a few minutes of sitting in silence, eren decided to break it. "so, why are you sitting here alone?" he stared at her. "well, my friends were supposed to meet me here but they're running a little late." she answered.

he nodded, "how about i keep you company until they get here?" he smiled at her. his question took the girl by surprise, "u—uhm, you r—really don't have to do that!"

"oh, but i want to. it wouldn't be very manly for me to leave a girl such as beautiful as yourself, here all alone." he winked at the girl which caused her to blush.

the male then spoke. "what's your name?" his question once again surprised the girl. she thought about it for a second, 'it can't be that bad to tell him my name..'

she looked at eren, he was waiting for a reply from her and urged her to say something.

"y/n arlert." she said.

his eyes widened, "arlert?" he asked, wondering if he heard her correctly. she nodded. "do you have a brother named armin?" the slowly nodded her head in suspicion. "he's my roommate."

"wait seriously?!" she exclaimed, earning weird looks from other people in the shop. eren was about to say something but their conversation was interrupted as the bell of the coffee shop rung, three girls walked through the door.

"Y/NNN!!!" your friend sasha's voice rang through the building as she yelled your name. "shut up idiot. no need to yell." annie apologized for sasha's behavior.

sasha spotted you and immediately made her way towards you and eren, not noticing the male at first.

"y/n! i'm sooo sorry we're late! traffic was terri—" she paused herself mid sentence once she saw the male. "who is this? is he your boyfriend? he's hot, what's his name?" she interrogated you. your face flushed as she assumed he was your boyfriend.

"no no, you've got it all wrong. we're just friends." the male replied for you, you nodded your head in agreement. the brunette skeptically looked at both of you when the other girls caught up.

"girls, this is eren, my friend." you emphasized 'friend' so the girls would take the hint that the two of you eren't dating. "eren, these are my best friends. sasha, annie, and—" eren cut her off, "mikasa?"

"eren?" she said back. you looked back and forth from the two, confused as they stared at each other. "you two know each other?" you asked.

"uhm, yeah. we used to date actually." eren turned to you, answering your question. "i should probably leave. i'll leave you girls alone now." he sent you a quick smile and got up out of the booth.

a part of you was disappointed the eren was leaving, 'he was so nice and fun to talk to..'

"no, you should stay!" sasha spoke and annie elbowed her to shut up. "i don't know..." eren awkwardly chuckled. sasha grabbed his hand and seated him in the booth. "i insist! i would love to get to know you. plus y/n's face dropped a little when you got up." the brunette girl exposed you and your whole face turned a scarlet red. "n—not true!" you hid your face in your hands and heard the male laugh.

"alright, i'll stay. but only for y/n." the male winked at you which caused your face to flush once again. one side of the booth sat eren who had the window seat, and sasha next to him. on the other side was y/n who had the window seat across from eren, mikasa in the middle, and annie who was at the end.

"so, how'd the two of you meet?" mikasa asked, directed towards you and eren. the male replied, "it was just yesterday actually. i was at the grocery store and saw her struggling to get chips so i helped her out. then i helped her with the rest of her groceries and i gave her my number." he said as he took a sip of his coffee.

the girls all looked at you, "you needed help getting chips?" they laughed. "they were on the top shelf!" you yelled defensively, crossing your arms across your chest and pouting.

 "they were on the top shelf!" you yelled defensively, crossing your arms across your chest and pouting