Chapter 7: How Did You End Up Here?

Start from the beginning

"It's alright. I can handle it," I answered.

"Are you sure MC? It could get worse over time," Luke said anxiously. I nodded and said, "I'm sure."

Solomon got up from the chair he was seated on by the bed and said, "Well, if your headaches worsen, here is a potion for it. Take half of this bottle with food and it should make it go away quickly." He left the glass bottle by the bedside, then went up to Simeon and Luke.

"Well, we should be heading back to Purgatory Hall. Rest easy MC," Simeon said. I sat up and watched as he, Luke, and Solomon made for the door.

Right when Luke was about to step out first, he turned around and quickly ran to my side, suddenly hugging me. "I know you don't remember us, but I will ask Michael to use his powers to restore it. I promise."

As surprised as MC was, the brothers, Simeon, and Solomon all saw a familiar warmth to her as she consoled Luke.

"She's in there somewhere..." Solomon thought.

Luke let me go and looked me in the eyes. I gently smiled at him, then he went to Simeon and Solomon again. As soon as they left, I looked at the 6 men in the room and asked them, "Do you all mind keeping me company for a little bit? I want to try something."

They all looked at each other, but listened.

They gathered around the bed I was seated on. "Do you all mind if you introduce yourselves...or rather, re-introduce yourselves? I feel like if I know your names along with your faces, I may remember something."

"..."

"I'm Belphegor, but everyone usually calls me Belphie. I'm the seventh born brother and am the Avatar of Sloth."

"I'm Beelzebub, but call me Beel. I'm the sixth born, I'm the Avatar of Gluttony, and Belphie and I are twins." Twins? But they look so different from each other.

"I am the fifth born, the Avatar of Lust, Asmodeus!" He does stand out a little when it comes to the other brothers in appearance.

"I'm Satan, the fourth born and the Avatar of Wrath."

"I'm the third born otaku of the family and the Avatar of Envy, Leviathan, but everyone calls me Levi." Otaku? Why do I feel like that kind of reminded me of something...

The tan male stepped forward and said, "And I'm the second born. The Avatar of Greed, the Great Mammon!" So this is Mammon? I slightly furrowed my brows at him.

"Is somethin' wrong MC?"

"No, nothing. I just thought I remembered something when you said your name."

He felt his heart thump a little faster than normal in that moment. He felt special knowing he nearly triggered a memory.

"The first born is Lucifer. The Avatar of Pride. He was with you a little bit ago, but needed to step out and take care of something," said Beel. I looked down at my lap, thinking about him.

"Is he the one with black hair and red eyes?" I asked the brothers. They nodded in agreement. "Well, now that I know your names and faces, do you think you can tell me what role I played while being here amongst you all?"

The brothers all decided to get comfortable and told MC the story of her life in the Devildom. They all laughed at the many memories they shared in the year she was there. She started chuckling as well, although she couldn't recall it.

At one point, the brothers mentioned that they all had pacts with her which caught her attention.

They all started shifting the clothes, showing me the markings they had from it. They all had it somewhere on their chest or upper stomach. They're all the same marking with my name on it.

...!

I looked around at the brothers, then focused on Mammon. "You're the first one right? The first I made a pact with?" His eyes widened, but then he had a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Looks like your mind didn't wanna forget that I'm your first!" he said proudly. I gazed at his brothers, seeing them either roll their eyes or cringing at him. Looking around at them, I slowly began noticing the pattern.

"Next was you, right Leviathan?"

He suddenly got rosy cheeks from my question. He covered his mouth with the back of his hand and nodded.

"After, it was you Beelzebub, right?" He smiled and nodded in response. "Then it was Asmodeus, Satan, and Belphegor."

"Wait...did you never make a pact with Lucifer?" Satan asked. I thought hard about, but came up with nothing. "I don't believe so. I could only recall you all."

"It better stay that way," they all thought.

"I thank you all for doing this. I was able to remember a few things, especially the bizarre way I was brought here," I gently smiled.

"Speaking of which, how did you end up here again? Diavolo didn't summon you did he?" Belphie asked.

"No...I don't know who brought me here. I told Lucifer of this and he didn't tell me anything else after, but they were these two cloaked, masked beings of some sort."

As soon as I described them, all of them looked in Mammon's direction.

"Mammon, what did you do?" Satan said, angered.

"I didn't do nothin'!" he quickly answered.

I gazed at him, but he wouldn't look at me. I could see the tip of his ear getting red.

"Are you lying?" I asked him.

He immediately looked at me and said, "I-I'm not! I just-"

"Just what?" Levi asked.

Mammon took a deep breath and said softly, "I made a bet with the witches and...asked if they could bring MC back if I won..."

"YOU IDIOT!!!"

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"YOU COULD'VE JUST ASKED DIAVOLO TO REACH OUT TO HER IN THE HUMAN WORLD!!!"

His brothers began scolding him. He panicked and quickly got onto the bed with me, hiding behind me. As he held my shoulders, I turned to look behind me, meeting his gaze.

"You really wanted to see me that badly?"

He instantly blushed. I don't know if it was because of the question, or from how close he was to me. He let go of my shoulders, looked away and said, "M-maybe."

"We all wanted to see you again," Beel added. I looked at the other brothers, seeing how they were beginning to sulk.

"Well, if it's worth anything, I'm here now. Even though I'm still trying to put the pieces together, I hope you will help me with this."

"She's adorable!"

Asmo suddenly got up and tackled me onto the bed, hugging me tight. I clenched my eyes closed, prepared to feel some kind of soreness or pain but, it was all gone. I opened my eyes, noticing I landed on Mammon's lap. This is awkward.

Without thinking, he reached for and caressed her hair. Asmo and the rest of the brothers watched in astonishment as he was showing affection to MC.

"I don't feel any pain anymore."