Chapter 3: Shocking Return

After being in the hospital for about a month, MC was discharged. She still had an arm sling and some bandages on her from the accident, however, she had hardly made any progress in recovering her memory. All she managed to recall is her name, date of birth, workplace, and home.

She was given the few items that were recovered from her car: her cap, gown, and diploma, her phone, keys, and a few decorations she had. A worker called a taxi for her to get home safely.

When the taxi arrived she got in and gave the driver her address. By the time she got home, she thanked the driver, got out of the vehicle and went into her apartment complex. As she walked, she kept repeating the unit number to herself so she could find it. When she did, she took out the keys from the bag and went through them, trying to find the one that unlocks the door.

Once she found the right key and unlocked the door, she entered her home and went to her bedroom. She felt some familiarity when looking around the room. She went up to her desk to place the bag down, then saw the D.D.D. atop it.

What is this? I turned on the phone and saw some message notifications on the screen. House of Lamentation? Am I in some weird group chat on the internet?

I tried to unlock it, but couldn't think of what the passcode could be. I turned off the phone and put it in my back pocket, then went to the bathroom to wash up. After, I went to the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

As I looked around, I noticed some of the ingredients I had were expired. Was I really gone for so long?

After fishing around for some unexpired ingredients, I gathered some things and placed them on the kitchen counter. As I was about to cook, I started to smell something weird in my house. I looked at the stove, checking if it was on.

It wasn't.

I turned around, checking if there was some kind of leak somewhere.

Nothing.

I returned to the kitchen, turned on the exhaust fan and opened the windows to air out the house. As soon as I did that, the strange smell got stronger. W-what's going on? I feel woozy. I turned around, wanting to sit down, in the living room, but was startled to see two masked beings in front of me.

"Come with us."

I looked over my shoulder, trying to look for something to fend them off, but I was too weak.

She got even dizzier and weaker, eventually passing out on the floor from the strong odor. The two beings approached MC, picking her up, then teleporting themselves out of her home.

Meanwhile...at the House of Lamentation...

Lucifer's POV

"I told you not to touch my limited edition Ruri-chan figurine once it would be delivered!!"

"Well sorry. I've been waitin' for some stuff in the mail too. You're not the only one who shops online!"

I rubbed my forehead at their pointless screaming. I got up from the couch, went up to Levi and Mammon and smacked both of them upside the head.

"OWW! What was that for?!"

He glared at both of them. Both of them huddled next to each other, looking scared of Lucifer's wrath.

*knock* *knock* *knock* *knock*

I looked over my shoulder at the front door.

"It's probably my other shipments. I can't wait to see the new video games and collectibles I got," said Levi.

"You're gonna stay put!!" I ordered. "I'll go check what it is." I turned around and walked to the front door.

As soon as I opened it, I was startled to see something fall onto me. I tumbled backward, falling hard onto the floor.

"AHHH!!!"

"Lucifer?!"

"What happened?"

I opened my eyes, seeing what had landed on me. (H/L) (H/C) hair... "M...MC?" I strained.

"Hurry! Get her up from the floor!!"

I saw Beelzebub approach and he helped get MC off me. He held her in his arms and I saw my brothers all surround him.

"What happened to her?!"

"Why does she have bandages on her?!?"

"Is it just me, or does she smell like some kind of potion?"

Right when Satan said that, I realized the smell somewhat lingered on my clothing. I recognize this aroma...it's a very potent anesthetic.

I got up from the ground and dusted myself off, then approached MC. She has eye bags and small cuts on her face and some bandages and an arm sling. What happened to her while in the human world?

"Take her to her room quickly. I'll be back with something to help her."

Lucifer walked away while Beelzebub and the rest of the brothers hastily took her to her old room. Beel carefully placed her down on the bed, cautious of her hurt arm. Levi and Belphie helped cover her up while Satan and Asmo adjusted her pillow.

While these brothers were helping MC, Mammon simply watched on. He was astounded to see her again, and in this condition. He was worried for her.

I went to my study and found a specific potion I had to counter the powerful anesthetic. I rushed out and went upstairs to her old bedroom. I entered the room and saw my brothers all standing near her. I took the cork out of the potion bottle and approached her bed. I sat down beside her, seeing her tired face closely. Let's hope this works.

Just as I was about to pour some of the potion into my mouth, I heard someone clear their throat. I faced my brothers.

"What are you planning to do?" asked Mammon.

"I need to administer this potion to her, but it can only be taken orally."

My brothers all stared at me oddly.

"I-If that the case, then I should give MC the potion," said Mammon.

"No, I should be give it to her!" Belphie interjected.

"No I should!!" Satan said a matter of factly.

Before I knew it, my brothers started arguing about who should administer the potion. I tried to do it myself, but they'd notice and stop me.

I put the potion down on the nightstand beside her bed, got up from the bed and stood in front of them, feeling utter fury.

"ENOUGH!!! I WILL GIVE HER THIS POTION AND THAT'S FINAL!!!"

Instead of them obeying my orders, they all lunged at me, still arguing about who should give MC the potion.

What's that sound? It sounds like...muffled screams.

But, I also feel something on me.

What is it?

What happened?