5. (Athanasia) I Love My Sister!

Start from the beginning

Lily stayed with me all the time yet, I couldn't sleep at night, it became so hard that even I ended up falling sick and staying in bed for two days.

The third day when I opened my eyes I heard the sounds of two people talking.

"I didn't know she could do that." It was Lily's voice.

"She used up a lot of it and pushed through her limits, that's why she ended up in that state." Felix's this time.

"I was scared to see Princess Athanasia falling into water but then when she floated up in the air, I thought it was His Majesty who saved her." Lily said.

Oh, Lily, how could you expect such a thing from that bastard?! If he had done something then Ara wouldn't be in that state!

"But it's a good thing that Princess Amara didn't go too far or... it would have been more dangerous for her."

"I hope she wakes up soon."

"His Majesty had been on edge since both the Princesses fell sick. He's called over the top Mages from the kingdom to cure, Princess Amara."

"B-But, how did I never realize that Princess Amara could use magic?"

"To be able to use magic at such a young age, Princess Amara must be a prodigy."

I couldn't help but feel guilty as I realized that Ara not only pushed through her limits and risked her life but also exposed her magic before everyone. It was all my fault.

At night, I couldn't sleep so, I got down from my bed and ran over to Ara's room. Thankfully, there wasn't anyone there to stop me so I went inside and saw her lying on the bed with her eyes closed and her chest rising and falling feebly.

"Ara?" I whimpered as I walked close to her and held her hand in both of mine. It was cold.

"Ara, wake up, please." I spoke but she didn't respond.

"Ara, I promise that I will never do anything stupid ever again. Athy will only listen to what you say, please wake up." I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my face.

I didn't like seeing her like this, she was my strong and cool older sis. I liked to see her looking intelligent and pass on sassy comments. She was the first ever family that I found here, she was the only one who stood beside me and comforted me when I needed her.

"Ara, please wake up! Athy doesn't like seeing you like this, Athy likes it when you're cool and smart, please Ara. Athy will do anything you say, but please wake up."

"Athy will also stop eating chocolates, please wake up, Ara." I sobbed as I held her hand.

I heard a slight groan, "Mm..."

I looked at Ara's face as she was turning her head with her eyes still closed.

"Who made my Athy cry?" I heard her speak and I stood up.

"Ara!"

"And why... would you leave chocolates?" She asked.

She slowly opened her eyelids revealing her sharp eyes which only ever went soft for me.

"Why are you crying?" She asked as she reached out touching my face, wiping the tears with her thumb.

"Did someone say something to you?" She asked.

Even in this state she's worried about me!

"Ara!" I cried as I threw myself beside her and hugged her.

"Ugh... A little loose please." I heard her groan and I loosened my grip as I sobbed with happiness now.

She woke up! My sister woke up!