chapter two

My room door opened and my mom walked in.
I stared at her with no expression on my face as she stretched out her hand to me.
My phone was in her hand and I was surprised as to how it got back home.

It's only been hours since I got back home and I was already thinking of how to get to his home.

"How...?" I asked stammering.

"A delivery man brought it. It came with a letter" she said quietly as she flashed the letter.

I stretched out my hand moving close to her ad she dropped them in my palm.

"I'll just go away. I know it's none of my business" she said as she turned around and walked off.

After she had gone out, I tore open the white envelope and I read:

What happened between us is no one's business. You really should keep it away from people, especially the press.

I must say, I'm pretty surprised. You're part of the Ray's dynasty.

Yeah...
You heard it right, the Ray's dynasty, my family name. We happen to belong to a long family line with a great fortune. And it's not gonna end with me. My parents, they are willing all of their properties to me.
And so the dynasty continues.

The letter ended:

Here's to never meeting again.
Cheers...

I instantly threw the letter away in absolute anger.

His gut, it annoyed me.

I had no reason to meet with his stupid ass again.
It was to be a one night stand and it was to end there.

*****

I sat in front of both my mom and dad as they stood in front of me.

It just dawned to us all, I was having a baby.
The disrespect I was bringing to the family's name. It was hurtful enough I was sleeping out despite the fact that I'm not married.

"Who's the father???" dad asked.

I fell shut, I didn't want to give my reply, not until Mason knew he was becoming a father.

I wasn't gonna force anything on him and I sure could take care of my kid on my own.

"Let us know darling. We could call a shot gun wedding. Save this family from disgrace"

I immediately got up and walked off.

*****

"Tell your boss I'm here to see him" I called out to the receptionist.

"Good afternoon ma'am. Do you have an appointment?" the receptionist questioned.

"No, just tell him a lady is here to see him, Club 9-0" (nine-ho)

She picked up the receiver placing it over her ear and dialed a number.

"Mr Mason, one Miss Avey is here to see you"

"No she doesn't" she replied again after listening to what he had to say.

"Ok sir!" she said as the call ended.

She looked at me with a sorry face and before she could say anything, I did cut in.

"Mention the club"

I was angry.

*****

"What are you doing in my office?" he asked with a stern look the moment I walked in.

I moved closer to his desk area as I took my seat.

"Good afternoon Mason" I calmly greeted.

He stared at me, expecting whatever blackmail speech was going to come out my mouth next.

"I'm pregnant" I simply said.

I could see it, the surprise that fell on his face. But he covered it all with a mocking laughter which annoyed me.

"You're becoming a father in exactly eight months. I thought it wise to inform you first before anyone gets to know"

He stared at me with trail of laughter plastered on his face.

"A one night stand, that's all it was and you're gonna impose a bastard child on me" he softly spoke.

Those words, it pierced through me, so deep.

I gave a little laughter shaking my head. I was hurt by his statement.

"I don't care if you accept my child or not but first thing Monday morning, you'll be hearing from my lawyer" I angrily let out getting up the chair as I walked off.

As I got out the door, I did in tears.
I was sad and angry.
Hear him call my unborn child a bastard.

I had known about the pregnancy since two weeks now. I was at the clinic and I decided to mess around with a pregnancy kit and surprisingly, it came out positive. I was shocked, tried many more times and it was all the same.

I summoned courage to tell mom and dad only just today.

*****

As I got in the house, mom and dad were pacing there, around the foyer in worry.
I got in with a red eye, tears filling my eyelids in sadness.

Mom was going to get angry at me, but when she saw the sad look on my face, she came at me with care.

"What's wrong?" she asked walking straight to me.

"Mason, Joe Mason. He's the father of my child" I cried walking off.