~ONE~

~lets set the scene it's fall play season actors flood the hall~

Now Playing: Never Acting at All by Melina KB

----------------

"Audition songs." You scroll through your list of songs in your range, dismissing them all.

"You'll probably get a great part with any of them, you're not co-captain of drama club for nothing." Your friend, Lyra, says.

"Co-captain." You sigh. "You keep reminding me."

"Hey, at least he's got a different range than you." She adds, mindlessly scrolling on her own phone. "You don't have to be so competitive about it."

"Well- but-" You toss your phone onto your bed, sitting up and facing the girl sitting at your desk. "I'm more experienced than him, and more talented, and-"

"You have to accept that he's actually pretty damn talented too, Y/N." Lyra sighs. "You can't be a bitch all the time, or he'll be the only captain."

"But-"

"Just pick your damn audition song."

"It's just- if I don't get a lead, he might think he's better than me, y'know?" You flop back into your mattress.

"Who's he going for?" She questions.

"Not like I care enough to know."

"Uh huh." She adds sarcastically.

"Shut up and help me out, would you?"

---------------------------

(you can pick out your own audition song, but if you don't want to, I'm using a guy that I'd kinda be into from bmc)

"Ohhh my God we're about to go in." You flappy stim your hands in front of you and then reach for your water bottle for the 509384th time in the past ten minutes.

"I'm before you, Y/N." Lyra reassures you. "Why are you so nervous?"

"I'm actually not as nervous as last time." You state.

"You're never nervous to audition, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Holding up nicely, L/N?" The drama club co-captain nudges your shoulder as he walks toward the choir room door- where auditions are.

"Can it, Deamonne." You take a sip of water and flip him off. "You going in?"

"No." He says sarcastically. The choir room door slams open and a frantic Luz Noceda rushes into the art hall.

"That was scary." She whispers as the door shuts behind her.

"I'm sure you did great!" You reassure her. Hunter then start's opening the choir room door back up. "Um.. good luck loser." You add. As much as you hate him, supporting castmates is the number one rule of theatre- besides the other number one rule which is not saying the M word. And then there's the other number one rule, don't fall for your costar. It depends who you ask.

"Uh- thanks." He mutters, walking through the door and shutting it slowly behind him.

"Look at you two, bonding!" Luz's girlfriends brother says jokingly.

"Yeah, bonding." You look toward everybody else in the art hall, reviewing their audition material. You're pretty sure you're solid on your song and monologues. The monologues were provided by the school, and you'll be reading for Veronica and Heather Chandler for your audition. There's not many people you don't recognize that have come through today. Averill, a senior friend of yours, is sitting on a table and doing vocal warm ups with Skara and the Blight twins. While you talk to Lyra, a girl with dyed green hair walks over to you.