chapter nine| all too well

Start from the beginning

Ethan held the door open. "After you, my dear."

Elaina smiled, cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Why, thank you." She joked.

The two walked into a dark room, opening up into what seemed to be the part they were in the previous day.

Elaina's eyes landed on the bathroom. "Oh thank God. I'm gonna pee really quick, so I don't end up dying with a full bladder. That would be embarrassing. Imagine I'm getting stabbed then just piss my pants. At that point, I would take the knife and stab myself."

Ethan realized that would work out better than what he had planned. The plan was to knock Elaina out, so he could slip away and into the black robe and white mask without her seeing. Granted, she would eventually wake up, but Ethan hadn't really thought that far. He didn't want to think about what would happen next.

"You're not gonna die, Lain. But hurry up, I'm kinda getting creeped out." Ethan lied.

"I will, don't worry. I would never leave you alone in here for a long time. I know how big of a pussy you are." Elaina made fun of her boyfriend.

Ethan laughed, "Yeah okay whatever."

As soon as the bathroom door closed behind Elaina, Ethan put on the costume that was hidden in the corner, and left the room.

Not even a minute later, Elaina opens the door to see no one waiting for her. "Ethan?"

Fear quickly flooded through her body. "Ethan!" She shouted, getting no response.

Hearing the shatter of glass, Elaina ran to the next room, seeing Chad fight off a Ghostface. "Chad!"

Chad felt relief as soon as he heard her voice. After punching and kicking Ghostface, he grabbed Elaina and Tara's hands, forcing them to run. "Go, go, go."

Elaina's 5th time having an encounter with Ghostface, but this time she had injuries making it much more difficult. Particularly the boot on her foot made it hard to walk, as that foot was an inch higher than the other. But running? Girl was slow.

Tara opened the door closest to them, Sam appearing on the other side, causing everyone to scream at the sight of another. She grabbed her sister's hand, pulling her out of Chad's hand, though him and Elaina followed.

"It's Kirby!" Sam wheezed. "She's the killer."

"No shit." Chad replied.

Elaina's heart sank. "What?"

Chad gave her hand a squeeze, knowing how this would affect Elaina.

No one replied to Elaina, leaving her question up in the air. "She's not the killer."

They made it to what used to be the screening room. Chad let go of Elaina and tried to open a set of doors.

"That's locked." Sam shouted.

"Shit." Chad mumbled, kicking the wall out of anger.

"We're trapped." Elaina whispered.

"She made this place a kill box." Sam repeated Kirby's words.

"Yeah, for us." Tara added, glancing at Elaina. "I'm so sorry."

Elaina refused to believe Kirby was the killer. She had known the FBI agent for practically her whole life. There was no way that Kirby would do such a thing. But Elaina didn't feel like arguing, so she didn't say anything. Once they all got out of there, they would know Kirby wasn't the killer. Elaina would make sure of it. For now, her thoughts were taken up by worrying about Ethan.  Where had he gone? What had the killer done to him?