⠀ two. the harrington curse

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

˚⋆ ┊ ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING ┊ ⋆˚
☆⋅⋆ ─ act i. don't you want me, baby?

CHAPTER TWO - the harrington curse( episode one ; madmax )

( episode one ; madmax )

SIDNEY HARRINGTON HATED HIGH SCHOOL almost as much as the students in it. It wasnt the classes she minded. In fact, the Harrington girl had always managed to excel academically in almost any field.

The dominoes that fell after Will Byers went missing somehow lost Sidney almost all of her friends. Since they lost Barb, Nancy and Peyton hardly spoke to each other, let alone the final member of the quartet. She, of course, saw Nancy every now and then. She was in a ratehr serious relationship with her brother after all. But something was wrong.

Somehthing that Steve was either too stupid or unobservent to see.

"Hey!" Sidney reconized her brother's voice and still continued on her path down the hall, "Sid, hey!" he called again, jogging after her until, finally, she turned, head thrown backward in exaggerated exasperation.

"Whaaat?" she groaned rather dramatically, earning a chuckle from her older brother.

"Well, you're in a good mood," retorted the Harrington boy, arms folding across his chest as he watched his sister stand straight, eyes narrowed to look him up and down. There was no denying she knew him rather a lot better than anyone else in his life. And the face he had right now? All it said was I'm being nice 'cause I want you to do something for me...

"I'm not doing your spanish homework," assumed the brunette.

Steve scoffed, "I wasnt gonna ask you to!" he denied unconinsingly, voice far too high picthed for anyone to find his claim believeable, "Okay, fine," admitted the elder harringotn, rolling his eyes simply at the fact of getting caught. Sidney shook her head, not entirely disbelieing as this behaviour was rather on brand for Steve.

"We can study," she emphazised, a rather gracious offer considering the idea of tutoring Steve had a comparible amount of desire with slamming her hand in a car door.

"That's so much effort," whined Steve, his half-assed attempt at sympothy backfiring rather spectaculary when his sister simply pouted mockingly, imitating his childish tone.

"Ohhh, poor baby," continuing down the hall until the pair found themselves exiting the school into the parking lot, Steve suddenly began backing in the opposite direction, earning a confused glance from his sister.

"Can you tell Mom I'm not gonna be home for dinner?"

Sidney frowned, "Why?"

"I'm going with Nance to have dinner with, uh, the Hollands," he explained, although he didn't seem too happy about the fact. Sidney had been to visit Barb's parents a few times with Nancy and Steve. She'd been missing for almost a year now. But the Hollands never gave up hope. Steve and Nancy, though? There was something in the way they acted in the Holland's home that made Sidney think they had. That they knew something she didn't. Barb's parents were too stricken with grief and worry but Sidney had always been able to tell when her brother was lying.