chapter one

Summary: John and marlena has
Some romance alone time before their baby comes into the world.

Chapter one.

It was a warm late August day, john and marlena  were on their way down to Atlantic City.

They were going on their "babymoon, their last trip together as a couple before they became parents.

Considering the time of day, the traffic on the parkway was light.

Marlena agreed to go along with john's plan.

She was 34 weeks pregnant, and knew time was running out for some alone time with her husband.

Marlena's doctor had okayed the trip as well.

Marlena was in good health, and wasn't showing any early signs of labor.

John can you stop at the next rest stop?, My back is killing me, and I have to pee really bad!, marlena told her husband.

"No, problem and I think there is a rest stop in a few miles, I'll pull over, john told his wife.

John then went and parked the car. It was rush hour on the parkway, and the rest stop was crowded.

"These long car rides are brutal, marlena said as she doing her best to stretch out the knots in her back and legs.

After a few minutes of stretching, john and marlena made their way inside.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity for marlena to finish in the woman's bathroom, she came out looking upset.

marlena, what's wrong, john asked concerned.

"Nothing's wrong, Let's just go, she replied."

Marlena had been very emotional lately due to the pregnancy, and john knew she was only going to talk when she wanted to.

John was silent as they got in the car, and fastened their seatbelts.

He noticed marlena's bottom lip quivering, and a single tear running down her cheek.

Marlena, what's wrong, john asked her.

John, I was so embarrassed, marlena told him.

What happened?, john asked her.

"I didn't fit inside the bathroom stall marlena, told him.

"What?,  john asked her.

"There wasn't enough room between the stall door, and the toilet bowl! There wasn't enough room for my belly, john, look at me, I'm so huge ,
I can't fit in a bathroom!, marlena told him.

Marlena, sweetheart, listen to me, First of all you're pregnant, not huge or fat.

Second there isn't that much room in those stalls,  It's not that surprising they don't accommodate pregnant women, john told her.

Marlena wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

Marlena, don't think of anything else except our beautiful baby that will be born in a few short weeks,  Nothing else matters, john told his wife.

"I know, john but I'm not used to feeling so self conscious and I don't know why you'd even want to take me away for a romantic weekend looking like this, marlena told her husband.

Marlena none of this, Pregnant or not, I still think you're hot, john told her.

they continued the drive south on the parkway.

When they arrived in their room at Caesar's Palace, marlena was shocked.

John, you didn't have to do this!
A regular room would have been fine!, marlen told him.