𝙰 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢

Start from the beginning

How could he have been so unaware of someone who had apparently been a part of his daily life?

Hinata's heart raced as he found himself face-to-face with Tsukishima, the person he supposedly knew but couldn't remember. 

Panic surged through him, and he desperately searched for a way out of the situation.

"Um... eh... hi?" Hinata stammered, his voice shaky. 

He felt a lump forming in his throat, making it difficult to speak.

Tsukishima regarded him with a raised eyebrow, seemingly unfazed by the awkward encounter. 

"Morning," he replied curtly.

Hinata's mind raced for an escape plan. 

He needed to find a way to divert the conversation and alleviate the tension. 

His eyes darted around, landing on the nearby classrooms.

"Right, first period!" Hinata blurted out, hoping to change the subject and divert their attention.

 "We should get going. Don't want to be late, right?"

He mustered up a nervous laugh, trying to mask his unease. T

he thought of attending class felt like a lifeline, a way to escape this uncomfortable encounter.

Tsukishima's gaze lingered on Hinata for a moment, his expression unreadable. 

Finally, he nodded. "Yeah, let's head to first period," he agreed, his tone cool and collected.

Relief washed over Hinata as the immediate threat of the awkward situation seemed to subside. 

He led the way, hastily walking towards their first-period class, hoping that the familiar routine would help him regain his composure.

As they made their way through the bustling school corridors, Hinata couldn't shake the feeling of Tsukishima's eyes on him. 

There was an unspoken tension in the air, hinting at a deeper connection that Hinata was not ready to uncover.

For now, though, he focused on getting through the day. 

The fragments of his memories and the enigmatic presence of Tsukishima were pieces of a puzzle that demanded to be solved. 

...

Kenma fixed his gaze on Hinata and remarked, "You must be really tired today...sorry, Kuroo shouldn't have encouraged you to drink that much." 

Kenma's words rang in Hinata's ears, and he could feel the fatigue washing over him like a heavy wave. 

He wanted to deny it, to assure them that he was fine, but the exhaustion had taken hold of him, leaving him powerless to fight against it.

He let out a soft sigh and allowed his eyes to close, succumbing to the weariness that consumed him.

Kuroo's restless behavior caught his attention, and Hinata could see the worry etched on his face. 

Kuroo's habit of chewing on his cuticles was a telltale sign of his anxiety, and it tugged at Hinata's heart.

"It's not your fault, Kuroo," Hinata mumbled, his voice laced with fatigue. 

"I shouldn't have let myself get carried away last night."

Kuroo's gaze softened as he reached out and gently took Hinata's hand, stopping his nervous habit. 

"If we're lucky, you'll be able to sleep through first period. Kenma and I will cover for you," Kuroo mumbled, concern evident in his voice.

 Hinata glanced at Tsukishima, who was still wearing that cold stare, and then turned back to Kuroo, mustering a weak smile in response.

"Thanks, Kuroo. I really appreciate it," Hinata replied, his voice filled with exhaustion. 

The events of the previous night had left him drained, both physically and emotionally.

 He couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Kenma nodded in agreement, offering silent support to his friend.

 "Just try to get some rest, Hinata. We'll handle things here," he said, his monotone voice carrying a hint of concern.

A startling voice jolted Hinata out of his trance, causing him to snap back to reality.

 He looked around, trying to identify the source of the voice.

"Hey, Hinata, are you feeling alright?" Tsukishima asked, his voice laced with genuine concern. 

"You look pretty tired."

Hinata managed a small nod, trying to keep up his cheerful facade.

 "Yeah, just didn't get much sleep last night. It's nothing," he replied, hoping to dismiss any further questions.

Tsukishima's gaze lingered on Hinata for a moment, as if he could see through the facade.

 "Well, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here," he said, his voice surprisingly gentle.

Hinata was taken aback by the sincerity in Tsukishima's words. 

Maybe he had misjudged him.