"Fine." Yeji growled lowly. "If you want to play it that way." She readjusted herself in Ryujin's lap, tediously moving against Ryujin until she made herself comfortable, watching Ryujin squirm beneath her.

"Oh." Ryujin's whisper revitalized every inch of her aching body. "It's on."

Yeji rolled her eyes, allowing her gaze to shift to Chaeryeong and Jisu, who were rather closely beside each other, talking in hushed whispers, occasionally laughing.

"They're so in love." Ryujin mumbled into Yeji's ear.

She just realized how hypocritical that sounded coming from her own mouth.

"You can see it in Jisu's eyes." Yeji agreed quietly, taking a breath to steady herself.

"Why do you think they haven't gotten together yet?" Yeji mumbled back, her voice imperceptible to anyone who wasn't Ryujin.

"Hmm. Okay, secret time." Ryujin hummed by her ear.

"Can you trust me?" Yeji teased. "I have an obligation to Jisu, you know."

Ryujin blew a breath by her ear, causing her to squirm, much to the blonde's pleasure. "Excuse me? Um, I come first. Best friends, remember?" She reminded, holding up her bracelet in front of Yeji's vision.

Yeji chuckled, and Ryujin felt the vibrations throughout her entire body, swallowing numbly.

"You remember Seokjin, right?" Ryujin whispered in her ear.

Yeji nodded once. "He was the dick as you put it, right?"

Ryujin laughed at her own joke. "Yeah, Jin the dick."

"Ryujin." Yeji sighed in exasperation. "What of him?"

"Oh, right." Ryujin nodded. "Well, as it turns out, he's more of a dick than previously thought."

Yeji went rigid in Ryujin's lap. "You mean he had-"

"Yes, Yeji, he had an affair." Ryujin affirmed quietly. When she received no response from Yeji, she frowned. Maybe she had been hitting close to home with the Minju situation. Ryujin knew something wasn't entirely wholesome about their breakup, judging by the sounds of furniture breaking and the angered yells the day evening Minju left her.

"Hey" Ryujin nuzzled her nose into the nape of Yeji's neck, satisfied only when the other girl let out a quiet sigh. "it's better now."

"How?" Yeji asked, her voice sounding weak.

"Because Chaeryeong found someone who will take care of her, treat her well, love her." Ryujin whispered. "All she has to do is let her in." Ryujin ventured so far as to press a sweet, soft, suckling kiss to Yeji's neck, aware that no one was looking.

Yeji's voice was shaken. "But, what if she's just-not-not ready?"

Ryujin hummed against Yeji, pressing her forehead against Yeji's back, arms still securing her. "Jisu seems like the type to wait, for someone special like that."

The undertone of the conversation had washed over the two of them like the waves that lapped the shores outside, and suddenly, the tone changed from playful to rather solemn.

Before a word of clarification could be uttered, Keith clapped his hands together, startling the two from their reverie.

"Okay, kids, let's do this. That means you, lovebirds." He grinned, and Ryujin found herself grumbling in annoyance into Yeji's soft skin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was down to the final three pairs.