3: Destined encounters

Start from the beginning

"No you listen! Itna kaam karwa ke jee nahi bharta tera jo ab tu meri neend ke piche bhi pad gaya-"

(Aren't you satisfied after making me do so much work in office, that now you are after my sleep as well?)

"ADITI IS COMING!"

"So what- wait. Okay? WHAT!?"

"Yes. Family dinner."

"Aditi as in Advita? Right?"

"Yes."

"Ohh hoo. Bhai teri raate haasin ho jaye jaldi, iske liye ek toh kya, yeh Kabir Chauhan sau raato ki neend qurbaan kar dega."

(For your nights to become sensual, not only one, but this Kabir Chauhan can sacrifice his hundred peaceful nights.)

Rudransh glared at him, but unaffected, Kabir continued teasing.

-🪷-

"What is this hustle bustle about?" Rudransh asked his siblings upon returning from his morning jog.

"Bhabhi is coming for lunch, and mata shree and badi maa want to be double sure about everything," Roohi informed him.

"Feels like aaj hi grahpravesh hai!" Rutvik chuckled.

(Homecoming ceremony)

"Veerji! Ki hoya?" Roohi snapped her fingers in front of his face, noticing his distraction.

(Brother! What happened?)

"Weren't they coming for dinner?" Rudransh inquired.

"They were. Bhabhi had to take a flight today as she had an emergency meeting, so the plan shifted," Roohi explained.

"How does it matter to you? I mean, you were not going to join anyway?" Rutvik raised an eyebrow.

-🪷-

Kabir entered the CEO's cabin to find Rudransh fiddling with files.

"Care to explain what you're trying to do?" Kabir asked with a hint of irritation.

"Meeting is over. Let's just get back home; we can still catch them, we may interrupt between the lunch, as if I care," Rudransh replied, his tone laced with desperation.

Getting no response, Rudransh looked up to see Kabir staring at him with a resigned face.

"Now what?"

"For god's sake. We are not in college anymore, Ruddy! It's not like you are bunking classes to have a glance at her. The meetings aren't over; we still have a meeting to take care of."

"But-"

"No buts. You are going to marry her anyway; it's just lunch."

Rudransh forced a smile.

"I waited for 5 years, 3 months, and 17 days. I was dying to get just a glimpse of her, at least some news about her. I was searching for her like a maniac. And then suddenly, my parents arrange a marriage for me. And boom! The girl, it turns out, is her. Now, even if I sound selfish, I don't care. I want as much time around her as possible. I want to be near her. I don't want to just stare at & talk to a photograph. I want to see those beautiful eyes, which captivated my soul with just a glance. I want to cherish the smile, which makes my heart flutter. I want to stand beside her. I want to make sure that yes, this isn't a dream."

"Arghh! Fine! I'll postpone the meeting. But you owe me big time!" Kabir huffed in defeat.

"Thanks, buddy."

-🪷-

"Veerji! What are you doing here?" Rutvik was surprised to see Rudransh.

"I- ac.. actually... woh -"

"We were in the neighborhood for a meeting, so I dragged Rudra for lunch. You know how much I crave homemade food," Kabir butted in, saving Rudransh's ass.

"Of course, bachche. Come, sit," Riddhima invited Kabir.

As they moved ahead, Rudransh's gaze was fixed only on one person. The one to whom his heart surrendered years ago. But Kabir abruptly stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw Shekhar & Radhika Singh Rathore.

"H-hukum?"

All heads turned towards Kabir, who looked a little shocked but soon composed himself.

"Kabir? Is that you?" Asked Shekhar.

"Khamma ghani, hukum." Kabir bowed in front of Rathores.

"Ghani khamma. What a pleasant surprise! Why didn't you come to meet us with your parents?"

"I was a little busy with work, hukum."

"You know each other?" Asked Amar, Rudra's father.

----------------------------------

A teeny tiny update. But don't be disappointed because boom! The next chapter is almost done and just need a little editing. So it will be posted in a day!

Did you liked Kabir?

Share your thoughts! ❤️

Your comments & likes motivate to update & write as soon as possible so don't forget! 🦋

Btw, CSK is in finals! Yayyy! 🥳💛