Chapter 1: Battle on the moon of Asherah

Start from the beginning

Souther looks around before he sighed, "I will get going now, I have business with another issue." Souther says as the team salutes as he leaves their presence.

Souther exits the room as he takes an elevator to the command deck, the magnetic elevator carry's him to the command deck as he then enters it. With an officer shouting.

"Commander on deck!" The rest of the crew members present stand up and salute as souther relieves them and returns them to their duties.

Souther walked to his right hand as he then asked, "any news on the moon?" Souther says as he stared at his right hand, commander locus.

"Yes sir, we have recently managed to encrypt some radio signals coming from the moon. It was much easier to decrypt, possibly signifying that the decrypted radio messages are coming from something much more advanced than from Ashera. Though, not surpassing our radio technology, the decryption was similar to us decrypting a radio message from radio technology 100 years ago."

Souther nods as he then asks, "have you diverted a sizable force to investigate."

"Yes sir, a task force code named "hacksaw", made up of 2 Nathan-hales, 10 munroes, and 21 phantoms." Locus informs souther as he then pats his uniform out of dust.

"Very good, I'll be in my quarters for the time being. Inform me of anything new if something does happen." Souther says as locus salutes, as souther then leaves the command deck.

===============================

Task force

Task force hacksaw deviates from the armada as each assigned ship activated there Epstein drives at different intervals as they make course to the moon of asherah. Dubbed "shin".

20 minutes later, the detachment force initiates a high g deceleration burn as they get into an orbit around the Luna sized moon of the phantom planet. Keeping a proper circular orbit.

Aboard the leading Nathan hale class, the UNN-Hirohito, stands vice admiral pharal m. Talapas de lemor. He oversees task force hacksaw as he stands around his subordinates as he throws orders around.

"Have all the phantoms be battle ready and have their plasma torpedoes on stand-by. Have all our rail guns pointed at the planet if a threat is found. I will not have this task force be obliterated just for some reconnaissance." De lemor shouts out as his subordinates update the task force and relay commands. He was nicknamed the definition of contingencies, which was not a bad thing.

"Have the telescopes identified anything?" De lemor says as he walks up to one of the spotters operating his touch-screen.

"Nothing for now vice admiral, we just gotta wait and se-" the spotter was cut off as the screen zoomed into an object. This signifies the AI has spotted an anomaly.

"Oh perfect timing" the spotter says as he zooms into it more and captures the photo and increases the quality for it to be 100k.

The picture forms as the AI makes the image more high quality, as the photo then shows, with the spotter sending the photo to the Hirohito main screen as all the officers and staff were to see. Including the vice admiral.

"What is that...." One of the officers said as he looked at it, it looked like some sort of moon-base. With a color scheme to blend in with the regolith around, its shape was odd, how was a pyramid practical in any way?

"Sir, I've identified some sort of helium-3 mine about 2 - 3 kilometers from the base. Whatever this thing is, it is full of personel and I suggest we make first contact." The spotter says as the rest of his team agrees.