She could never truly capture Yeji's essence, but she always wanted to try.

"I did. But..." Ryujin shrugged, feeling suddenly very lame. "It's no big deal. I just wanted to chat, but I know you have work and stuff..."

Yeji shook her head. "I must have been on the phone with a few investors."

Ryujin raised a brow, voice gently chiming in "You...going through a hard time with work?"

Yeji looked mildly disappointed.

"Not that I'm a stranger to that...starving artist and all." Ryujin added with an amused smile.

Yeji sighed, offering Ryujin a melancholy smile. "Yes. I...lost my major investors, and they were really keeping things going. I think...something about a family accident and having to withdraw funds..."

Ryujin nodded, eyes meeting Yeji's in a comforting gaze. "Well...from what I know, you're a hell of a business woman. You'll turn it around."

Yeji nodded slowly. "I. Thank you. It's just...tough, sometimes. I'd hate to move again after just settling in. I need...I need to think of a solution. Soon."

Ryujin nodded, leaning against the railing dejectedly at the thought of Yeji leaving.

The two remained like that for a while, only a gap between their respective balconies separating them.

The silence was comfortable. The plants on either balcony danced a little with the same warm breeze that carried the scent of Yeji's perfume to Ryujin's attention.

Ryujin watched the way the sun began to set over the horizon, pulling with it all the light it bestowed during the day, leaving behind an orange glow.

She watched the way the wispy clouds, coming from different sides of the horizon met perfectly, like pieces of a puzzle that were lost and reunited once more.

Ryujin's head shot to Yeji with an idea. Her features brightened, her grin was full and bright. Her eyes twinkled.

Yeji seemed to realize they'd done nothing in the last few minutes. She spoke up apologetically. "I'm so sorry Ryujin. I'll go around and unlock the door now."

Ryujin took a long stride to the edge of the railing, pushing against it, nodding with satisfaction as it failed to waver under her considerable strength.

She plucked a flower from her vase of roses she'd so (desperately) put out to make it look like she had order and cleanliness in her mess of an apartment. She bit down onto the stem, and carefully lifted her leg over the edge of the railing.

Yeji's eyes widened. "Ryujin!" She snapped to attention, body stilling. "What the hell are you doing?"

Ryujin grumbled something unintelligible as she eyed the short distance between the balconies.

"No." Yeji shook her head. "Ryujin...." She warned, fear penetrating her tone. Ryujin grinned, rose still in her mouth.

"No. Ryujin." Yeji's pleas were for naught. She readied her arms as if to catch Ryujin.

Honestly, it was only a few feet.

But in midair, it seemed like a few yards.

Ryujin took the leap of faith, landing somewhat gracefully on Yeji's side, in a squatting position.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Yeji demanded, eyeing the drop below. That would've resulted in at least a few broken bones.

Or brain damage. But maybe Ryujin already had that.