chapter three

NARRATOR POV
The following day, news about ARAYAWINA PARAMANANTHA finally coming home streaked through the media. Her mother, Roselyn, was expecting the press to find out first before she even announced the arrival of her second daughter. 

Ren has decided to skip school just to spend time with his beautiful girlfriend. His friends were out doing their usual thing. Tara laid her head on Ren's chest as they both lay on her big king bed. She might be older than the guy in her bed, but surely he acts more mature than Tara does.

"Why are you skipping class again?" Question the female while tracing a circle on Ren's left arm.

"I want to spend time with you." He stated.

Tara stopped drawing a  circle on his left arm and pushed herself away from his body. "What do you mean?" she asked him. Do you think my mother would send me away?" She asked.

Ren shook his head and caressed her cheek while smiling softly at the female in front of him, "No, I am just scared that I will wake up and you're not there with me." He replied.

Tara smiles and leans into his touch, "Trust me, I am here for you now."

TARA POV
Just as I was about to lay my head down back to his chest, my phone rang. Blinking a few times, I flash Ren a weak smile and reach for my phone on the nightstand. My smile drops when I read the contact on my phone, "What wrong?" Ask Ren after I pause for a few seconds.

"It's mom, can you please don't talk cause mom, you know..." I trailed.

My relationship with Ren was not very supported by my mother, one because they only own the biggest hospital in Thailand and second because mom doesn't think the Aira were fit to be part of our family.

"Hello mom." I force a happy tone to greet my mother.

"What are you doing? Do you know how worry I am when you didn't pick up your phone quick!" My mother scolded me on the phone.

"Sorry mom, I was in the bathroom." I lied.

Looking up at Ren, I saw how concerned he was when I jolted back a little after my mother screamed at me for a second. Shaking my head, he looked at me with a sad gaze, "What was that mom?" I question my mom.

A sigh can be heard from the other side, "I am just telling you, I will be coming back to Thailand. But before I do, you better listen to Dim and eat all your medicine." My mother warned me.

I let out a dry chuckle, "Of course, I eat my medicine mom. Dim wouldn't let me forget." As soon as I said those words, the door to my room opened; revealing Dim.

"Young Miss, it's time for your medicine." Dim say out loud.

I widened my eyes while gesturing to her that I was on the phone with my mother, her boss, "Oh, thanks Dim." I thanked Dim.

"Mom, I will hang up now." I was about to hang up on my mom when she stopped me.

"Let me talk to Dim." My mom said and in sweep I handed my phone to Dim and swallowed my pills while Ren gave me my drink.

I wait as Dim talks to my mother through the phone before she hands me back my phone, "Madam wanna talk to you, miss." Dim tell me and leave the room.

"Yes, mom?" I said.

"And don't you think, I don't know that the Aira boy is in your bed. I told you a billion times to cut it off." My mother scolded me again.

I sigh, "Oh, okay mom! Bye!" I quickly end the call before my ear bleeding from my mother scolding me. After all, mom won't even care if I didn't listen to her; she loves me way too much.

( We don't know what actually happened to Thyme's father so let's imagine plus it'll be more exciting right ?! )

ROSELYN POV
Shaking my head, I sigh while rubbing my temple, "What am I going to do with you, Tara." I whisper as I glance at the family photo. I miss my husband but he's in a better place and Tara is so similar to him that she inherited his illness.

"Your daughter is going to kill me." I said to the picture.

After the death of my late husband, I became a workaholic mother. I left my job as my children's mother to focus on the family business. My parents were never fond of my late husband but when my children were born. I saw a slight glimpse of hope, my parents adored my children but they never saw my husband as one of us.

My husband came from a poor family, I married him because I loved him. My parents were ready to abandon me when they found out about our forbidden love but decided to accept the fact that I am carrying their first grandchild.

My children were blessed into the world but when I found out that my second daughter was born with a weak heart condition, I changed and I noticed it.

My late husband had a duty to take care of our two children while I travelled the world to find a cure to help my daughter, but unfortunately my husband died in a car crash on his way home.

The stress got into me and I've changed and determined to not let my children have the same fate as mine. I will do everything in my power to make everything go as planned; nothing is ever too much.

NARRATOR POV
As night rose, Tara looked out from her balcony to the sunrise. Ren has gone home because his mother has been calling for him which leaves her alone in her big mansion, unaware of the new presence. A knock snapped her out of her daze as she turned to the door quickly, "ah, Tia. Why are you here?" Ask Tara to Tia.

Tia smiles softly at her younger sister and approaches her before taking a seat beside the female, "I just wanna show you this." Tia handed Tara the newspaper that was in her hand.

Raising one of her eyebrows, Tara unfolded the newspaper and read the first article about their mother's new open business in Singapore, "Why are you showing me this?" Curiously she asked her older sister.

"Mom and I will be very busy starting now." She told her.

"And?" Tara question.

"That means you have your own freedom here in Thailand." Tia said with a smile as she messed Tara's hair.

"You sure I'll get more freedom here?" Question the younger to the older, they know that whatever happens to her, their mother won't hesitate to stop midway meeting and fly all the way from Singapore back to Thailand.

"Positive as long as you eat your medicine." Tia reminds the younger cause Tara to pout.

"But the medicine tastes weird!" Whines Tara.

The door to her room swung open, startling the two females which they quickly turned to face the door to see Thyme with a glass of water and Tara's medicine.

"Tia, you're still here?" Thyme questions as he approaches his two older sisters.

"Here, eat." Thyme gave the medicine to Tara.

The two watch as Tara hesitated about to eat her medicine, she even bawl her eyelash yet noen of them taken by her cute face, "Fine." Said Tara and swallow her medicine down her throat before drinking the glass of water; Thyme has bought for her.