I

My story and I will go down in history.

The terror of the games will never be forgotten.

And neither will I.

»⸻♆⬸°☽✮☾°⤑♆⸻«

                                                           《⭑꧁꧂⭑》

《⭑꧁꧂⭑》

"I was never blind to the horrors of the games, but I never truly understood the brutality of it until I had experienced it for myself in my own games. However, now I know that maybe in a way I wasn't blind but rather unable to clearly see."

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿༻✧༺✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

My games were like no other. I was only twelve when I won. I lost all my innocence in surviving my games. Now I was flooded with memories, bad ones. All I could remember from my games was the screams and the blood, never mine. I tried to remember the lives I took. Their names and what they looked like. But it started to blend together after a while. So before bed every night, I say the names of not just those I killed but the names out loud of everyone I had lost. It was like my prayer.

Before my games I was just a normal girl. I had a family most would envy. My mother had once told me that I had been blessed with the beauty of a star and a brilliant, bright mind. She said that when I was born I was stubborn.

I wouldn't let anyone but my mother hold me. If someone else would, I would let out an ear-piercing scream. She called it my battle cry. I was said to even be smart as a babe. Therefore, with my fighting spirit and brains in mind, I was given the name Athena. After the Greek goddess of wisdom and war.