one!

Emotional brusies

irl

flashback 4 months ago

As Emily's world shattered around her, she felt the weight of Orlando's betrayal like a physical blow to her chest. Everything she thought she knew, everything she believed in, had been built on a foundation of lies.

Tears welled up in Emily's eyes as she struggled to comprehend the enormity of the deception. She had given Orlando her heart, had trusted him completely, only to have it all come crashing down in an instant.

"You didn't truly love me," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion as she stared at the person she thought knew her better than anyone else.

Orlando's gaze faltered, guilt flickering across his features as he struggled to find the right words to say. "I'm sorry," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

But Emily couldn't find it in herself to forgive him, not after everything he had put her through. Anger bubbled up inside her, hot and fierce, as she turned away from him, her heart heavy with sorrow.

"Whatever, Orlando," she spat, her voice laced with bitterness. With one final glance over her shoulder, she turned to leave, her footsteps echoing in the empty space between them.

As she walked away, part of her hoped that this was all just a terrible nightmare, that she would wake up to find Orlando running after her. But deep down, she knew that some wounds could never fully heal, and that the scars of betrayal would linger long after the tears had dried.

present day

As I groggily blinked away the remnants of sleep, I felt the icy shock of water cascading over me, jolting me awake with a start. Confusion and irritation flooded my mind as I struggled to make sense of what was happening.

"What the fuck," I muttered, my voice thick with sleep, as I looked up to see Lilia standing over me, a mischievous grin on her face and an empty dish in her hand.

"It's the first day of senior year, so hurry up," she chirped, her enthusiasm for the day ahead evident in her bright eyes and infectious smile.

"Ugh, give me five more minutes please," I pleaded, longing to sink back into the comfort of my bed and escape the responsibilities of the day.

But Lilia wasn't having it. With a playful glint in her eye, she threatened, "Oh no, I'll hit you with more water if necessary."

Resigned to my fate, I grumbled in defeat, "Ugh fine, I'll be down in a bit since someone decided to pour water on me," rolling my eyes for emphasis.

"I love you too, Emi," Lilia teased, her laughter echoing through the room as she disappeared from view, leaving me to begrudgingly start my day with a mixture of annoyance and affection for my mischievous friend.

30 mins later

As we stepped into the familiar halls of our high school, a sense of unease settled over me like a heavy blanket. The memories of the past summer, spent mourning a lost love, threatened to overshadow the excitement of the new school year.

"Do we have to go?" I murmured, my reluctance palpable as I glanced nervously at the imposing building before us.

Lilia, ever the voice of reason, turned to face me with a determined expression. "Emi, it's our senior year. Don't allow a boy to affect the best year of your life. You spent the entire summer grieving over him. Don't let him affect you."