(p/f) = preferred flavor

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

(Y/n) was having the time of her life scrolling through Spanish... anything, pretty much. She was exploring the Spanish side of anything she liked, varying from anime to random TikTok's (I haven't used it in months) and YouTube videos (using it rn) all the way to literal random books and other such things.

Until her alarm rang. She hadn't slept the entire night and felt like this might come back to bite her in the ass later in the day. Why? Because today is another school day. She'd been attending Kisai High School for about three weeks already, today she was halfway through her third week.

School here was absolute hell. Hitomi didn't shut up about getting her to make new friends. (Y/n) had pointed out that she already had friends but Hitomi had insisted either way, saying she saw how (Y/n) ignored even her own friends a lot of the time.

Eventually, (Y/n) gave up. However, she'd made a plan. She'd bring something with her each time that Hitomi attempted to pair her up with someone to start a friendship. Hitomi's most frequent attempts were Shousuke.

(Y/n) had realized that the reason that she brought (Y/n) to hang out with Shousuke more than with other people was because Hitomi's main goal was to get Shousuke to have at LEAST one actual friend who HE talked to.

Why Hitomi thought that (Y/n) and Shousuke could be good friends was beyond her, honestly.

But then, something absolutely unexpected had happened. Hitomi had been hanging out with (Y/n) and another girl who (Y/n) learned was named Ai Katai or something (Ai had skipped school) when a gang run mainly by females (or perhaps entirely by females) had taken an innocent student hostage to get Katai's attention.

Katai had been heroically "hardcore" and told them not to harm the random student and ended up getting beat up in the process. But to (Y/n)'s amazement, Hitomi had grabbed (Y/n) and dragged her outside.

Then, Hitomi, using her ventriloquist skills, had been able to pretty much perfectly imitate (Y/n)'s voice the way she often did for Komi. (Y/n) had apparently been some sort of "hero" who had confronted the gang or something.

But she didn't actually do much of anything... Hitomi had talked for her and now she seemed to have enemies of sorts. Hitomi had been the one to knock out the gang members while (Y/n) had simply attempted to avoid them. She hadn't ever finished her self-defense lessons but she'd been able to remember what she'd learned during the fight Hitomi had dragged her into and actually gotten a few hits in by herself.

But now there was only one problem.

(Y/n) was deemed "seriously hardcore" in Katai's eyes.

'Thank you, Hitomi, for bringing nothing but pain and misery into my life.' She thought. Her friend limit had been set to six friends maximum but now Katai seemed to have an interest in (Y/n), yet (Y/n) didn't want a seventh friend.

SHE ONLY NEEDED SIX SO WHY THE FUCK WERE THE ODDS NEVER IN HER FAVOR?!

So, (Y/n) decided to extend her friend limit. Ten was the maximum. Nothing more, nothing less. She could play along with Hitomi's wishes.

But, looking back... Katai was a delinquent and (Y/n) wasn't so sure she wanted to get involved with someone like that. What happened to a peaceful school year? (Y/n) honestly preferred her old school, despite it being full of students who perfectly fit the bill of "Stereotypical TV characters." At least there, nobody knew she existed unless they were the teachers.