Have Faith In Me - Sequel (Christen Press)

You left the hotel as soon as you got back, it was the right thing to do. If you didn't you knew that things were going to get heated not just between you and Christen but between the entire team.

You managed to get the airport before realising that you had no idea where you were going. You needed space so going home wasn't an option, Ash would be at you door first thing in the morning. You looked at the departure board, there was a flight to London leaving in a couple of hours. Perfect, you could take a few days off exploring the English capital and then get on a short flight to Amsterdam.

Should you let someone know where you are? Normally Christen would be your first port of call but not this time. You couldn't tell Alex, you had already put her in the middle of all of this. You decide to let you manager know where you are heading and tell them not to tell anyone, this is strictly need to know.

The tannoy tells you that you are boarding in half an hour and you decide to switch your phone off. You now had 7 hours to process what the hell happened and what is going to happen next.

***************************
Christen barely slept the night you left. She was still sharing with Tobin but it wasn't by her choice, she asked to be left alone but her best friend refused.

The next morning everyone was searching social media for some clue as to where you went.

"Maybe she never left the city" Pinoe says, even she didn't believe what she was saying.

"No, she left" Christen didn't hide her hurt expression.

"You don't know that for sure" Tobin tried to reassure her friend but to no avail.

Christen doesn't respond. She knew how you thought, she knew you had left for sure.

"Do you know where she is?" Ash asks Alex. The tone doesn't go unnoticed by the rest of the table.

You knew that when you asked Alex to keep your secret it mean't her lying to her friends. It was selfish of you to ask that of her and you made a mental note to apologise to her for putting her in the position in the first place.

"No" Alex says. The rest of the team give her a look as if to say 'are you telling us the truth this time'.

"I really don't, but I do know where she will be this weekend" the team look at her, waiting for her to tell them.

"Amsterdam" Christen says when she remembers the charity match.

"Then we will go there" Ash says.

"I don't think that is a good idea" Tobin says much the the surprise of the rest of the team.

"You should be the one to go" She says putting her arm around Christen.

***************************
London was exactly what you needed. The hustle and bustle of the London streets was a welcome distraction but when you got back to your hotel on the night your thoughts are consumed by your green eyed beauty.

You wanted to text Christen and tell her about the old couple you saw at the restaurant or how beautiful Hyde park was but you knew that you both needed to space. That didn't mean that it was easy, Christen was your person and not having her was torture.

A few days later you were on your way to Amsterdam, at least now you had the soccer match to focus on.

You arrived at the venue where the soccer game was being held and the support was incredible. For a moment you had forgotten about your impending transfer but the fans soon reminded you. You kept repeating the same thing 'you will find out at the end of the season'.

The match itself was everything you thought it would be. There was no pressure to perform, it was like game between friends. It was the most fun you had in a long while.