Mine

My name is Yana Sapphire, I am 26 years old and I love the facts about fireflies, as in I really love fireflies.
Why? Because it reminds me about the first day I met my soulmate.
Well, still curious? Then, let me tell you a story about my past on how we met...

When I was young at my age 6, I was playing at the garden with the flowers and butterflies. But, my mother always told me not to leave the house without someone,
You know, I was so naughty and all I wanted was to be happy.
Everyone always got crazy searching for me everywhere and always found me at the garden playing with the flowers and butterflies.

One day, visitors came to visit my parents as I knew that the visitors was my parents friend.
They also have a son named Jason. He's tall and cute but always ignoring me and always wear a serious face.
After his attitude against me, I still fell in love with him at the first sight. Ever since that day, I called it a 'first love'.

At the night, I left the house and went to the garden, in my surprise, there are so many fireflies shining and glittering around the whole garden.
I started playing with them with joy and excitement.
I considered them 'mine' as I laughed and rolled around the grasses when suddenly I felt someone coming closer, I get up just to see Jason holding a Jar and catching the fireflies.
It made me furious that he dared hit and hurt the fireflies that were 'mine'.
I shouted at him and cried aloud as my parents and his rushed to the garden seeing me crying aloud.

"I didn't do anything to her! She just cried all along!" He said seemed upset and nervous at the same time.

"You hurt my fireflies! You're so mean!" I cried.

Jason got punished by his parents but it's too late for me to feel pity for him.

After the whole event, I and Jason never met again for 10 years since then.

Finally, after 10 years, Jason and his family went to visit us again. I was so happy to see him again but, each time I look at him, he always gave me a cold glare as if he never moved on about the fireflies.

A moment later, I heard my parents and his talking about how they wanted us to get along well.
My heart skipped a beat as if it's gonna get out of my chest.

But when they brought us to a new house, Jason keeps ignoring me and never talked to me. Not a single word.

Until the 3 days passed, with him as a roommate, I noticed that he always had someone talking to his phone and saw him laughing as if he's really happy, he didn't even do house chores. That thing made me pissed off and jealous at the same time.

"JASON!!" I shouted.

He hung up the phone and focused his gaze at me, that cold and malicious gaze.

"What do you want?"

I felt my heart jumping just making him noticed me for a second.

"Well, you're not doing any house chores! Get the broom and start cleaning!"

"Then what will I get in exchange?"

I felt my heart gonna explode.

"W-well... after you finish cleaning, I'll let you play video games but if not..."
I grab his PlayStation,
"Well if not, I'm not giving you this"

"How dare you grab my things! I paid for that! That's mine! Give it back!"

I stayed silent for a moment before speaking back.

"I won't let you go idling the whole day. And I won't give back your things until you're done cleaning."

"FINE!"

He grabs a broom and started cleaning, the anger and annoyance still visible in his face.

After a little moment I heard a loud noise of a glass that shattered on the floor coming from Jason's room. I rushed to his door and found it opened. I get closer to see what had happened...

To be continued...