Phayu looks up and sees his twin staring at him from the entrance way of the store he'd just come out of. Saifah's mouth is open and his eyes are wide in shock. That is oddly comforting to Phayu because it meant that had just happened and Phayu hadn't just imagined it. That was good to know.

Phayu turns his attention back to the boy, he is still standing there as if he is expecting something and starts pouting when Phayu only continues to stare at him.

Is this a joke? Is the boy mental? Phayu feels like his world has suddenly tilted off center.

When Phayu still doesn't react, the boy says sulkily, "aren't you going to lick me back. You don't like me? Were you leading me on?"

Lick him back? Leading him on? "You want me to lick you?" Phayu asks in a slightly dazed voice. The boy nods and smiles.

Phayu opens his mouth to say something, although even he's not sure what, when another boy runs up and says, "Rain, why did you wander off like that? I have been looking for you everywhere."

Phayu isn't sure if this new boy is the cute boy's, Rain?, Rain's friend, brother, or keeper but he turns to him and says, "He licked me."

The boy gives Phayu a polite wai and says, "I'm sorry, Phi, he doesn't know better." Ah so that's the way it is, Phayu looks at the cute boy with regret.

The other boy turns to Rain. "Rain, I told you they don't do that here." Phayu raises his eyebrows at this, where exactly did they do that. The boy continues, "if you would have paid attention to the lecture you would know that."

"But, Sky, he's so handsome. How else do I show him that I like him? He winked at me first." Rain says pouting again.

Sky turns to Phayu, "You winked at him?"

Phayu explains feebly, "I, uh, thought he was cute."

Sky tightens his lips at this but then surprises Phayu by taking out a high tech looking phone with a brand name he has never heard of and seeming to do a search, "It says here that they talk to each other and do something called 'flirting'. There is also something called 'pick up lines' but those seem a little dumb."

"Talking? Flirting? How weird." Rain says with wide eyes.

Phayu had thought for a hot minute that he understood this situation but now he is lost again. Saifah has finally gotten over his shock enough to come over to where they are standing but he just looks on the scene bemused.

Rain turns to Phayu, "Phi, I am flirting with you."

"Uh, well I guess you should call me P'Phayu then." Phayu says.

"P'Phayu," Rain repeats with a smile then asks Sky. "Now what?"

Sky taps on his phone for a minute then frowns, "It says you should ask him out for dinner."

Rain gasps, "They go to dinner before they are mated?!?"

Sky shrugs, "That's what it says." He shows Rain the phone.

"This world is so wild! P'Phayu will you have dinner with me?" Rain asks. He blushes deeply at these words.

Phayu gives up trying to understand this situation, "I guess. We could all go if you like." He realizes almost immediately that he has said something wrong. Sky looks scandalized and Rain looks furious.

"Are you trying to steal my mate?" Rain asks Sky.

His mate Phayu wasn't sure what to make of that but he finds he isn't completely opposed to the idea.

Sky rolls his eyes, "Why would I do that? He didn't wink at me, he winked at you."

Rain glares at Sky for a bit before turning back to Phayu. "P'Phayu, Sky does not want to eat with you. That would be inappropriate." He says sternly as if Phayu should have known that. "I want to have dinner with you though. Will we go to your house?"

"My house?" Phayu asks.

"To have dinner of course, we can't go to my house. It's a long way from here." Rain says.

"I thought a restaurant...." Both Rain and Sky both gasp at this.

"P'Phayu, I don't frequent those kind of places." Rain says.

"Okay, I guess I could cook." Phayu shrugs at Saifah who still hasn't managed to say anything. "I'm here with my brother though."

"Brother?" Rain looks at Sky in confusion. Sky types a little more into the phone but shakes his head and frowns at what he sees.

"A male sibling born in or adopted by the same familiar unit. Children from the same pair of mates. Also sometimes used as a term for a good friend." Sky says.

"Saifah is my twin." Phayu finds himself explaining.

"Like a clone?" Rain asks.

Phayu can't help but give a little laugh at this, "yes, exactly, Saifah is my clone and I need to drop my clone off at his girlfriend's, uh I mean mate's house."

"Oh, okay." Rain says and turns to Sky, "can you go back to the dorm on your own?"

"Of course. Just remember, Rain, it's a very bad idea to mate at first meet." Sky says sternly.

Saifah makes a little strangling sound at this. "Yu, can I talk to you for a second." He finally manages. He pulls Phayu a little bit away.

"Are you really going to take this strange boy back to our house? They both seem a bit odd." Saifah says

Phayu glances over at Rain who is studying the phone screen with Sky. "Looks that way."

Saifah sighs at this, "can't you ever date anyone normal?"

"Normal is boring." Phayu says, "Rain is interesting."

"That's one way to put it I guess." Saifah says. "Don't come crying to me if he turns out to be a cannibalistic serial killer or something."

Phayu took another look at Rain. His instincts were telling him that Rain, while odd, wasn't dangerous. Phayu's instincts were usually right, he had met enough dangerous people in his lifetime to be able to read them.

"Don't worry little clone, I won't haunt you if Rain decides I am the main course." Phayu says with a grin.

This could very well be the oddest day of Phayu's life but he wasn't complaining.

********

Notes:

I didn't originally intend to do this but I had popular demand over two platforms and discord. It is a fun concept to expand on, so here it goes.

Rather than chapters I will do this as a series as inspiration strikes.