"Can't tell."

I calmly freed myself from his embrace and sat at the other end of the couch, unsatisfied with his answer as doubt crept into my mind.

"The reason why you had to leave in a hurry, two months ago... What happened?" I asked him as he scratched his chin, his gaze still away.

"Well, I had to take a mission." He simply replied, which still didn't satisfy me.

As I climbed on top of him, planting my hands behind him on the couch, I gave him a challenging look, my heart slowly starting to beat faster as he searched for my eyes. 

"But you were on vacation, and when that happens they don't even have the right to call you, except in cases of extreme emergency!!" I justified to him, as he stayed still, his eyes still fixed on me. 

In the end, it was he who happened to smile. 

"Well, madame was attacked by some mercenary and ended up with stitches, so I had to take the job for her." He calmly explained, as I almost choked on my saliva at the first part of his sentence.

"Mercenary?? But how??" I asked him as he raised his eyebrows.

"The real question is, why didn't you tell me?" He eventually asked as I stood up, feeling a bit ashamed.

He had to interrupt his vacation because of me!

"It's not against you, I didn't tell Will either! I don't really see what you could have done to help me, and I wasn't really planning on wasting my time for them..." I calmly replied as I heard a slight, short, ironic laugh behind me.

I quickly turned around, eyebrows furrowed as I saw Leon stretch as if nothing had happened, his eyes automatically finding mine as he stood up.

"Don't you find it strange that Will, you, and two others were the only ones selected?" He eventually prompted me, and I immediately understood what he was trying to make me realize.

I covered my mouth with my hand, the shock of the revelation too much for me to stay silent.

Quickly, I went from surprise to anger.

"But that wasn't necessary!! It's corruption!!" I started to rant as he shook his head in denial, putting the blanket he had folded back in his basket.

He then approached me and leaned in, a slight smile on his lips as he brought his face near my ear.

"When you hire someone to be a secret agent, you don't just monitor their grades..." He hinted as I blinked several times, finding his answer far too adequate, which cut the ground from under my feet.

So, in the end... It's karma, huh?

As I saw him start to leave the living room, I caught him in the act, standing in front of him.

"W-where are you going?" I asked him as I pointed to the kitchen clock, indicating that it was 3 AM, hoping at that moment that the time was a credible enough excuse to make him stay.

He leaned towards me, his eyes slightly gleaming, his lips slightly parted which revealed a hint of a playful smile.

I gulped at his proximity.

"I'm going to sleep in your room." He insinuated as my face quickly turned crimson, understanding what he was referring to as I stood there, slightly confused.

Um...

As he pushed the door to my room, he turned slightly towards me, a smile visible from afar.

"What? You don't want to anymore?" He pretended to ask, a nonchalant air in his tone of voice as I jumped from my spot.

"No, no! I'm coming, I need to remove my makeup first..." I replied, slightly dazed, as he nodded, pushing the door slightly behind him as I hurried to the bathroom.

As I urgently grabbed some cotton and makeup remover, I rubbed my eyes slightly and yawned several times.

Then, I grabbed my moisturizer but was interrupted by a sudden wave of nausea, causing me to fall to the ground, feeling the warmth rise a little too much in my head.

No, I'm not going to vomit now after holding out all evening...!

After taking deep breaths and getting through the crisis, I brushed my teeth, making sure my front door was securely locked as I headed towards my room, closing the door behind me.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Leon sitting on my bed, curiously contemplating my drawing.

"Is that how you see me?" He laughed as he turned the notebook towards me, showing me what appeared to be a scribble of him, crossing his arms as a bored expression was easily recognizable on his fictional face.

I smiled, slightly surprised as well.

"I have to admit, I wasn't even looking when I was drawing..." I calmly replied as he nodded, placing the notebook and my pen on my bedside table as he lay down on the bed, turning onto his side as he used his arm as a pillow.

As I did the same, snuggling under the covers, I stared at him.

"Leon, don't you want to...?" I started to ask as he sighed, turning even more on his side.

"I'm still dressed... And your sheets are clean." He quickly replied as I pouted.

It's true that I'm a bit of a neat freak, but still... He's going to be cold if he sleeps like that.

I got up, grabbed my corner of the blanket, and quickly jumped on him, wrapping him tightly in the blanket as our eyes met, and that's when I realized that we were way too close, which quickly gave me indecent thoughts as I pensively looked at his lips.

"Well, we could..." I started to suggest in an almost honeyed voice as he sighed, starting to chuckle slightly afterward.

"No, it's out of the question. You're still drunk." He replied softly as I got up, crossing my arms slightly as I tried to think of a quick solution.

As I puffed my cheeks like a hamster, I finally found the solution, which made me jump out of bed.

I opened my closet and rummaged through it for a good two minutes looking for the source of my idea and finally pulled out a large black t-shirt, which I had actually stolen from Leon.

"Leon, I have one of your T-shirts... "I suggested as he lifted his head for two seconds to look, then let it fall back down as he covered his face, almost exasperated.

"Damn, this is never gonna end, isn't it?" He replied as I grinned.