8. ﹃ I GUESS WE'RE FRIENDS ﹄ ⇌ ☆.

Start from the beginning

The sun was shining brightly, warming her up quickly. It was a nice change from the previous winter. She reached behind her head, tying her hair back in a high ponytail, leaving her front pieces out.

Along the sidewalks, there were many people running, walking, and riding their bikes. Everyone was taking advantage of the nice weather.

As she continued to walk, she overheard conversations.

"I don't understand, why haven't the Titans defeated them yet?"

"They better flee Gotham before summer. I'm not spending summer nights indoors."

"Those three are fucking psychos."

Ignoring the remarks, Kali continued on her towards her favorite place in Gotham City. The coffee shop.

THE TRIO RUSHED around, grabbing all the things they would need for their new mission.

Kali picked up the remote Dean pointed too, shoving it into her pocket. Dean did a quick look-over of the things they had set on the floor before shoving it all into a medium sized bag.

"Okay, let's go set up."

Following his order, they left their basement and house, heading towards a populated street.

Dean pulled multiple pieces of technology out of the bag, setting them down in specific spots. As he did so, Kali and Alyson set up the gas canister, positioned to where it would release the fumes towards the building doors.

"Guys, as soon as I press this button, the fire alarms will go off. Everyone will run out, the fume will release, and the Titans will be alerted."

"Good. How far can we go?" Kali asked, helping her brother attach the bomb.

"Seven streets down. There's a building that will conceal us while we watch." Dean replied, pointing over to it. It was tall, overlooking everything.

"What about security cameras near it?" Alyson asked.

"They've been looped since two hours ago. No one will know we were up there."

"But they'll know we were here?" Kali questioned. Dean nodded. "Good. Let's go."

Once the trio was situated and hidden, Dean pressed the button on the remote Kali had grabbed.

Fire alarms went off in the buildings surrounding their tech. As the doors opened with people desperate to get out, the fumes were released.

The gas was quick to surround people and the ones it didn't affect screamed.

"It's the Purge Monsters!"

Kali grinned, her eyes landing on the holograms Dean had programmed. The trio were holding their weapons and their bodies moved around slightly. They looked almost too real.

Her grin grew even more as the fumes cleared and the Titans ran in.

Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Super Boy, Hawk, and Dove.

"Where are they?" Dove shouted as the group looked around. The fumes blew past the holograms and Nightwing pointed to them. As the hero ran towards them, followed by Starfire and Super Boy, Dean pressed another button.

Super Boy called out, "Wait those are holograms equipped with bombs!"

"His X-ray vision." Dean explained as the bombs went off. Starfire and Nightwing flew backwards, landing on the ground near the rest.

Starfire was back on her feet in a matter of seconds, looking unharmed. Nightwing, on the other hand, gripped his bleeding leg.

The Titans surrounded him as unharmed citizens called for more ambulances.