15. ﹃ SURRENDER ﹄ ⇌ ☆.

𓄼 BEHIND THE MASK 𓄹 ◜ 🎭 ◞₊
⤹ ... be the change you want to see in the world.
written by .. @.yourlocalrebel

WHEN KALI AGREED to the date, she had expected to dress up a little bit and have some fun. The brunette did not dress up and was adorning her plaid pajama pants and black hoodie. Her messy hair had been thrown up in a bun instead of the curls she had thought about doing.

The girl's glare hardened as she spotted Jason dressed up nicely. He was staring at his phone and she frowned when she felt her phone vibrate.

To Kali, the only people in the world right now were her and Jason.

It all made sense now. He was Robin and knew who she was. That's why he went from cold to friendly so quick.

As Kali neared him, she drew her fist back and as soon as she was next to him, she punched his jaw.

"Jesus, Kali! What the fuck?" Jason shouted, holding his jaw.

"You lied to me!" Kali screamed.

"What?" The boy's anger was replaced with confusion.

"Was this all fake? Did you enjoy tricking me?" Kali continued to scream, ignoring the looks from bystanders.

"Hey come on. Let's talk about this somewhere else. You're causing a scene." Jason reached for her hand, hoping to pull her into a quiet alley.

"Don't touch me!" Kali shrieked, pulling her hand away. Hurt was evident on Jason's face but Kali was too angry to care.

"Kali, I don't understand. What did I do?"

The girl's voice dropped and in a venomous whisper, she spoke. "You're Robin."

Many emotions flashed through Jason's face. How did she know? Who told her? Who did she tell?

"Why is that upsetting you? I'm a hero. I save people." Jason said. "How did you find out?"

"Stop it. You know damn well why it's upsetting me." Kali glanced over at an open water bottle on the table near her. She reached over and didn't hesitate to throw the water towards Jason.

The boy covered his face, protecting his eyes from the water. When he lowered his hands, Kali was gone.

Ties were too fancy for the quaint date he was taking Kali on. A hoodie would be under dressing.

Jason ran his hands threw his hair as he looked at the clothes strewn across his room. He never expected to worry so much about how he looks, but something in him told him to try to look decent for Kali.

"Need some help?" Jason turned around, locking eyes with Gar. The green haired boy was standing in his doorway, gesturing to the clothes.

"Um yeah sure." Jason replied, turning back to look at the clothing as Gar walked in. "How are you doing?"

"I've been better, but this is the best I've felt since I was poisoned." The boy replied, picking up the tie. "Where in the world are you going?"

"A date." Jason responded.

"Not too fancy but not too casual?" Gar asked. Jason nodded in response.

Gar reached across Jason's bed and grabbed a leather jacket. He handed the article of clothing to Jason and reached for a nicer looking t-shirt. Again, he handed it off to Jason while he grabbed a pair of jeans.

"How's that?" The green haired boy asked.

"It's nice. Thanks man."

"Yeah no problem. Let me know how your date goes." Gar grinned.