Chapter II

Gallahan entered his father's office for their usually head summon's meeting.

As usual, it was suddenly called for.

It was father's old habit to have a brief meeting with his three sons and one daughter on the third day.

Except the time would be different every time, so I and my siblings would have to stay in the mansion all day and wait for father's call.

Nevertheless, no one could express their dissatisfaction with it.

Because in this Lombardi mansion, father's power was absolute.

My father and my siblings were already in their seats. It seems I was a little late than usual.

They all stared at me as if they were about to interrogate me because I was late.

"My apologies, Florentia seemed a little out of it today and I was a little worried. So I had to inform Professor Brochle to keep an eye on her just in case." I informed as blandly as I could.

"Doesn't seem like a valid excuse, Gallahan. You aren't the only one here with children." My incompetent brother, Viese mocked.

"Unlike brother, I actually have a hand in Tia's parenting," I mocked back with a smile.

"You-!"

"Enough! Gallahan, sit down. Be punctual next time. Viese, you have had instances where you were late too. Be mindful of who you mock," Father demanded.

We settled down and the meeting started.

In my peripheral view, I saw a familiar figure. A tall figure, probably taller than me. The figure had a complexion that was as pale as the moon. His irises were sapphire blue. Long golden hair lock which were tied by a ribbon. And this pretty person was Clerivan Pellet, my father's hidden right hand man. And also my supposed rival (Self proclaimed rival by Clerivan).

He was loyal to my father till the end. Meanwhile, his and my relationship isn't that good.

I still remember the first time we met.

I was twenty one and he was sixteen back then.

It was afternoon and I was taking care of a five year old Tia.

When I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said as I embraced Tia.
A blonde haired youth walked in.

"Hm? Who do we have here?"

"I'm Clerivan Pellet from the academy. I wanted to have a few words with you. Is that possible? Are you busy?"

"Oh my! You must be the one who cleared the standard ninth of Lalalie exams. Congratulations. I'm more than happy to have a word with the new protege. Come in. How about some tea?"

Lalalie Examination is a ten standards examination which is a impossible fit in itself. Even the most knowledgeable scholars around the world couldn't pass the seventh standard. Preparing for this examination is like setting up for failure. Almost eighty thousand people try for Lalalie every year but only 0.08% people cleared it till seventh standard. As such no person except me and the person infront of me have ever cleared standard eighth. We both have cleared standard ninth.

I was a little too excited considering that I finally wasn't the only one who had won an impossible war. And he, Clerivan Pellet was my proof.

"Thank you. And sure."

We walked towards the sitting areas. As the maids fetched the tea.

"How is the tea?," I asked while rocking a sleeping Tia.