Chapter 41- Water Tribe Stories

Start from the beginning

"Sorry to frighten you. My name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night." Hama stands over the fire. "I have an inn nearby. Why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?"

Sheepishly, Sokka places his arm behind his head. "Yes, please."

Hama smiles and begins walking away as we follow her to a village, her local inn lying atop a small hill.

Inside the building, where tea is being poured into a teacup. The group and I are sitting around the kitchen table.

"Thanks for letting us stay here tonight. You have a lovely inn." Katara said.

Hama sets her teapot down. "Aren't you sweet?" She walks over to her seat and sits down. "You know you should be careful. People have been disappearing in those woods you were camping in."

"What do you mean disappearing?" Sokka questioned.

Hama sets her teacup down. "When the moon turns full, people walk in and they don't come out." She stand up and holds up her teapot; cheerfully smiling. "Who wants more tea?"

The group, had now fallen completely silent.

"Don't worry, you'll all be completely safe here." Hama clasps her hands together and smiles. "Why don't I show you to your rooms and you can get a good night's rest?"

Everyone parted ways. We hadn't slept on a mattress in a while, and I was slowly beginning to have back issues, so I was praising the spirits that this inn had enough rooms for everyone.

I changed out of my clothes and into Sokka's water tribe tunic, which he let me have. The tunic was big on me and kind of looked like a dress so I decided to not wear shorts underneath. I removed the braids that Aang had done to my hair, which made it all frizzy.

I was lightly scared when I heard a creaking sound come from outside my door just as I was about to go to bed.

"Hello?"

My hands scattered onto the nightstand looking for my knife. "Who's there?"

My door slowly creeped opened revealing a dark  shadow. "Venus, it's me, Sokka."

I put my knife back on the nightstand as I approached Sokka, who was standing outside my door, shirtless and with his hair down.

I grabbed his hand and led him into my room before locking the door behind me. "You scared me." While resting my head on the door, I exhaled.

Sokka was hovered over me. "Venus, this place is creeping me out, can I stay with you?"

I blinked a couple times and smiled up at Sokka. "Yeah, of course, you can."

As I was about to walk towards the bed, Sokka had stopped me. "Is that my tunic?"

I looked down on myself. "Yeah? Why?"

Sokka lightly bit his lip. "Uh-nothing."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Oh come on, now I really wanna know." I pressed him.

"Okay." Sokka rubbed the side of his neck. "You look really cute in it, like really good and now I'm feeling...things."

I knew exactly what he was talking about, but I pretended to act clueless. "What do you mean?"

"You're not really going to make me explain, are you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe you'll get a reward if you tell me, I don't know."

Sokka slowly started walking toward me, making me hit the back of the door as he trapped me. I could see everything in his eyes become darker.

He intensely stared into my eyes, making me super nervous. "You want me to show you the things you make me feel?"