TEN

_______||||_______

{Under the Moonlight}

_______||||_______

"HEY." AERON SAID WITH SOFT SMILE as he looked down at the silver haired girl. Rhaenyra had changed her wedding dress into a comfortable night gown. Aeron thought the gown looked adorable on her. He, on the other hand, was wearing tight white shirt with a lace that revealed a bit of his left pec. His hair let loose as was Rhaenyra's.

"Did you know I was coming that you opened the door for me?" Aeron asked with a smirk plastered on his face. Rhaenyra smiled softly. "You're still flirty." She said as she let him inside her room.

"Only for you, Nyra." Aeron said he looked around the room. The princess still had her red shaded curtains, her dressing table with a few lit candles. Her chairs made stuffed with cotton and silk over it. On her side table, she had a golden valyrian dagger.

Rhaenyra stayed in front of the door as she watched Aeron walk in front of her bedroom. She noticed his long hair right below his broad shoulders. His hair started to show his true Velaryon genetics as the ends were becoming bright white. She smiled as she looked at him more.

She missed him so much. Too much.

It had been hard for the past three years in a half without him by her side. Him leaving, Alicent marrying her father, the pressure of being the heir of the greatest kingdom, and then her arranged marriage with his brother.

She swallowed hard as she tried to contain her rage mixed with sadness that was caged inside of her. All she could do to let it out, was cry of rage and heartbreak.

Aeron continued to look around the room until his eyes land on Rhaenyra.

Her head was held low and her shoulders were tense. "Rhaenyra?" Aeron asked worriedly as he slowly walks up to her.

She looked up at him with teary and swollen eyes.

"Why did you leave?" Rhaenyra whispered with a whimper in her voice. Her tears soon became thick and abundant over her cheeks. She felt pathetic in front of him as she cried her eyes out. Her emotions were more overwhelming than her own will power and she let it out.

The Atlantean quickly went to her and wrapped his large arms around her figure. Rhaenyra just broke down. She felt her knees weak as if someone had placed heavy metal work over her limbs. The princess reached over to his shoulders to keep herself up.

Aeron felt her slowly let go of her body and held her tighter against him. Her sobs of neglect echoed in the room.

Aeron clenched his jaw as his brows crumpled when he saw the beautiful, sadden Targaryen cry in front of him. Knowing that he was the reason that she is crying right now. He could have avoided this moment if he could've thought smarter before. Rhaenyra didn't have to feel the way she was feeling if Aeron could have been smarter.