Eden gritted her teeth in anger. The nerve of him to dare threaten her and her mother when he wasn't even there during the first three years of her daughter's life. She went past him and stepped into Mia's room to pick her up before cuddling her. Mia stopped crying the moment she saw Eden.

She stepped out from the room and stared at Lionel whose hardened face softened the moment he later eyes on Mia. Mia also stared at him weirdly, after all this was the first time she had seen him.

"My.. angel." Lionel walked closer and Lucia tried again to restrict him from passing by her but Eden held her shoulders and gestured towards Mia being present. The last thing Eden wanted was to be having issues with the law and which made her chances slim. She would prefer to have Lionel visit than try to file for custody.

Eden gulped before walking further and slowly handed Mia over to Lionel who already had his arms spread and wide open to receive Mia. Mia frowned instantly and threw herself back to her mother's arms wrapping and tightening her hold around Eden's neck.

Lucia immediately grinned and looked at Lionel holding a mocking glare. She walked to him while folding her arms. "Such a shame and pity. Tch...your own daughter doesn't even want to be in your arms. This is what you get for being a terrible dad."

Lionel bit his cheeks as Lucia's words were like daggers stabbing his chest. He didn't want to admit it but her words bothered him. He turned to meet Mia who took only little glances before hiding her face against her mother's neck.

Eden caught the glint of sadness in Lionel's eyes which was completely unreal to her. Was he only acting up or being sincere. She couldn't tell but chose to believe he was pretending to act up.

"Mia? My angel. Look what I got for you." Lionel placed his finger in his right pants pocket and brought out a tiny box. Eden's eyes narrowed at the box which Lionel showed a now curious Mia. Lionel smiled softly seeing those curious eyes landing on the small box.

Lionel opened the box and Mia's eyes sparkled seeing the shining little bangle that had gold and little pieces of diamonds plated on the sides. Lionel smiled seeing how Mia's eyes didn't divert from the bangle. Lucia hissed before she rolled her eyes. "Trying the tactic of wooing Mia with expensive and shiny stuffs."

Mia spoke something which couldn't be placed together into words and giggled before wiggling her hands towards the bangle. What excited the three years old girl was the light that was illuminating from the gold and diamonds on the bangle.

Lionel took the bangle out and held Mia's hand which she didn't protest this time. Eden gulped seeing her daughter attracted to the bangle and knew Lionel could use all sorts of expensive and shining gifts to have his way to Mia.

Lionel wore the bangle on Mia's little arm and kissed her hand before looking at Mia lovingly. Lucia was getting irked by Lionel's tactics and was even more annoyed that the little girl was mesmerized and drawn to the bangle. Well can you blame the little girl?

Mia giggled and Lionel offered once again by stretching forth his hands towards Mia. Eden widened her eyes seeing Mia happily spread her arms and slowly got into Lionel's arms. Lionel sighed deeply feeling his heart getting warm as soon as Mia's little body made contact with his.

Eden watched in silence seeing Lionel cuddle and play with Mia. He was acting like the perfect father that always appeared in her dreams which also made her smile at times. But now the feeling wasn't the same and this time she feared loosing Mia seeing Lionel being more interested in Mia now.

Just then a knock was heard and Lionel's eyes went to the door before a smirk was laced on his lips. Eden's heart raced and went towards the door to open it. Her face narrowed in confusion seeing the tall elderly man who would be in his late forties at her doorstep.

"And you are?...."

"Good evening madam. Am Gerald Forger and Mr Bluebird's lawyer." Eden's eyes widened. She wandered if there was a need to bring his lawyer to her house. She had obeyed the court order and allowed Lionel to see Mia. The man at the door smiled at her before Lionel's voice interrupted. "Please come in Mr Forger."

Eden gave him a wandering and a questioned look but Lionel who held Mia in his arms while Mia played with her new bangle completely unaware of the situation smiled at his lawyer.

Mr Forger walked into the apartment and stood by Lionel before wearing a smile at Mia. The little girl was an angel no doubt and could easily make anyone smile. Lucia kept staring at the lawyer and back to Lionel. "And why are you here Mr? Let me guess, you're here with another surprise for us. Lionel showing up was the first one and now...." Lucia shooked her head while rolling her eyes.

Eden clearly didn't like the visit from the lawyer and knew they were going to get the shock of their lives tonight. Her palms were sweating out of anxiety as she looked at Lionel who held Mia softly while rubbing his nose with hers. Something pushed her, her legs on their own walked towards him and her chest heaved.

Lionel looked at her now and narrowed his eyes at her. Eden gulped before her eyes darted to Mia. "Please don't separate her from me Lionel. I beg of you."