"Open the door please.. " Her voice came out in a whisper but Lionel heard her. "Eden... "

"Please! Open the damn door Mr Bluebird." Eden screamed out this time. Silence engulfed in the air after that and Lionel grabbed the remote and tapped his finger on it. The click sound was heard at the door which gave Eden her cue to dash out of his office which she did immediately.

"Eden... What happened?" Summer asked staring at her confused. Eden didn't respond and felt her throat being strangled and separated from oxygen. She grabbed her handbag and rushed towards the elevator. Lionel watched her dashing straight towards the elevator and disappearing inside.

The moment the elevator doors closed, Eden immediately burst out in tears as she cried her eyes out. The pain in her heart was very unbearable and was like a dagger had pierced her heart. She slowly slided down to the floor and weeping badly. All the memories they built together for the many years, their dating till they got married, Eden had cherished every single memory deep inside her and she wandered if he never felt anything for her when he instantly got married. He wasn't even once in regret not did he mourn his divorce the way she did all these years.

Her shaky hands reached out and disappeared inside her handbag. She brought out her phone and dialled for Susan's number. She needed a friend to vent it all out to. Lucia was out of the question and would obviously rub it in her face about how she constantly warned her in the past.

The phone rang on the second ring.

"Eden. What's up I...Are you crying?" Susan's voice came out with a worry over the line. "Susan... Susan.. Can we meet up... Please..." Eden's voice broke even more. "Of course girl. Am nearly done with my online lectures. Come over to my place." Susan instantly replied. Eden hung up immediately and slowly wiped her tears and tried to slow down her heaving chest. She didn't realize when the elevator doors slowly slides open. She met with passerby stares soon enough. Eden gathered herself and stood up quickly from the floor before rushing out of the office building. She caught unto a cab that was passing by quickly and got in unaware of the intense stare that followed her from the highest floor of the enormous building. Seeing her again after all these years was something for him. He couldn't tell what he was feeling right now but the interest of finding out about how she had been doing all these years really intrigued him. He fished out his phone from his pant pocket and dialled a number.

"I need you to look into someone for me. I'll send the details immediately after hanging up."

........

Eden knocked on Susan's front door twice before the door opened to reveal a worried Susan who stared at Eden. "Eden. What ha......" Susan gasped when Eden wrapped her arms around Susan and bursted more into tears. Everything was over for her in a flash and now wandered how she was supposed to move on completely. It was definitely going to be a tough one for her.

"You gotta be kidding. That damn bastard got married again." Susan gasped unable to believe what Eden had just told her.

"I'll be honest with you sweetie, am not in the least bit surprised that he got married. He was cheating on you when you both were still married right?" Anne walked out from the kitchen holding a cup of hot green tea in her hands. "Anne!" Susan narrowed her eyes indicating her words weren't helping in the slightest concerning the current situation.

Anne raised both her shoulders not caring about her words. She walked up to Eden who held her knees up to her face with both her hands on her knees. Her face was pale and her tears had completely dried off ruining her makeup. Anne sat next to her handing her the tea. "Here, have this."

Eden didn't respond and just kept drowning in her own world. Susan stared at her with worry and leaned her hands on Eden's shoulders. "Well.. At least now you can finally forget that man once and for all. He clearly didn't deserve you girl." Eden sniffled at Susan's words. She recalled how she felt when she found out about his secret affair but still what she was feeling now was nothing compared to how she felt. Call her pathetic but she once thought that he would one day come back to his senses and return to her but now it was impossible as his marriage was in the way.

"It's high time you forget that bastard sweetheart. And am glad you finally saw the jerk he was. He didn't deserve you." Anne shrugged off making Susan roll her eyes.

"And seriously...he turned out to be your boss as well. You can't accept the job." Susan spoke. "But why should she quit. She got this job with great hardworking and you're telling her to quit. So what if she works with that jerk? That's all it is." Anne spoke immediately earning a surprised look from Susan. "How can you even say such a thing like that Anne. Working in the same place with Lionel won't be good for Eden right now."

"Believe me it will be good for her to do so. She'll finally grab on to the harsh reality that he's clearly not worthy of her at all." Anne replied. "No... There's no way am going to ever work in that office with him. Never." Eden said.

"And how do you plan on working? It will probably take some time for you to ace another job Eden. Think about your mom and little Mia. You clearly know that your mom's salary can't afford for Mia's school. She's three and starts school this summer. There's not much time for that." Anne narrowed her eyes and explained. Eden bit her lip as what Anne was saying made total sense but still she couldn't see herself working for him nor even wanting to see his traitor face. Summer was only about three months from now and clearly Lucia's salary won't be enough to cover both the household expenses as well as Mia's school.

"What about Julian? He works in a good tech company. Why not ask him if he can find a spot for you." Susan asked now gaining Eden's attention. Of course Julian was always there for her and knew he wouldn't think twice before helping her out. A faint smile appeared on her lips before she wiped her already smudged makeup with a clean wipe. She slowly got up from the couch determined to not let an unworthy man once again halt her steps anymore. Anne smiled at her.

"Outta girl. Now that's the Eden I know. Nothing can stand in your way." Anne cheered her on even though it would be very difficult for Eden to move forward. Both Susan and Anne got up and hugged Eden from all sides. "Don't forget you'll always have us no matter what." Susan replied making Eden to smile widely. She was grateful to have people who stood by her side knowing she could count on them. Still knowing him being married and obviously she knew Monique's child belonged to him. The whole news was just too much for her to handle and hoped she never crosses paths with him and never reveal Mia to the worst father in the world.

Do you think Lionel will let her go now after all these years? Vote and comment and also follow me if you haven't. And don't forget to comment down all your theories.