Cut

The whole crew was sitting in the Kitchen sharing friendly conversations ranging anywhere from tomorrows mission to fond memories. I was sitting there making sure to stay engaged the best I could but I was still recovering from inside the armory. It all happened so fast but I can't bring myself to regret it. I enjoyed myself, I mean really enjoyed myself. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want this sort of thing to keep happening but it's crucial that I don't let strings get attached. We are coworkers, nothing more. Same goes for Ghost.

We finished up inventory in just a couple of hours after König did what he did. There was a lot to count. König didn't ask for anything for himself. He seemed entirely content with the fact that I enjoyed myself. He didn't need any more than that. When I asked if he wanted to have sex he denied it. "I don't trust myself to be quiet."

"Hey, Y/N." I hear Soap call out to me from the other table in the kitchen and it yanks me from my deep thoughts as I jump out of my skin. I must have dipped out of the conversation for longer than I meant to because he looked slightly concerned when our eyes met. He put his hands up defensively, feeling sorry for scaring me.

"You doing okay?" He asks, stirring a cup of tea.

"Yes! I'm just in deep thought is all...missing my friends back home." I lie, and with my words I see Gaz shoot me a small smirk, a smirk that tells me he knows I'm lying.

Price walks in holding up the inventory count sheets in his hands. He stands at the end of the table and inspect the paper.

"Hey Y/N, it seems here that your handwriting got a little shaky after a few columns. Feeling nervous about the mission tomorrow?" He asks, setting the paper down and sliding it to me. Before the paper reaches me König, who was sitting next to me, slams his hand onto the paper and brings it up to his face.

"It sure does." He says, laughing. I turn to look at Ghost, feeling almost guilty even though I know I shouldn't. They agreed to share me, but somehow I still felt like I did something to betray Ghost. His expression was cold as usual and I hoped that he didn't pick up on the reason I was so shaky, but he watched us walk to the armory together and I don't doubt that it was easy to piece everything together. Ghost wasn't looking at me, he was just burning holes into König.

To me, I know Königs laugh is one of triumph as he glares down at how his actions in the armory affected how well I could write without my hands shaking. I lean over to look and sure enough, my handwriting went from stable and clean to suddenly very sloppy and shaky. I couldn't stop myself from blushing. König slides the paper back to Price. Price folds the papers and puts them into his back pocket and he walks off but just before he leaves he yells for us to go to PT. We all stand up and head out of the kitchen. I break away from the crew and head to my room. I grab my headphones and retie up my braid.

I open the door to the PT gym to see Ghost and König already fiercely fighting, a sort of aggression I didn't think was meant to happen during sparring. Their movements were fast and technical. They let out small groans and huffs while they moved, each receiving their fair share of blows. König definitely had a height advantage on Ghost, but Ghost was holding his own just fine. Ghost was a stone-cold, war-hardened, soldier who had training and experience under his belt I couldn't even begin to dream of. This team was assigned to some of the deadliest missions and Ghost has the strength, agility, stamina, and most importantly the mind-set to stay alive.

"Hey cap, what do you want me to do?" I ask Price and he thinks for a moment before he says "I'd like to see you spar with Gaz but for now follow me."

I follow Price to a chair as König and Ghost continue to fight and he instructs me to sit. I sit down and he zip ties my legs to the chair and then he zip ties my hands together.