Chpt. 1 college dorms

Micah looked around, taking in the new sights and smells of the college. It wasnt much different from his old college, same old milky walls and square-shaped tyles, though the theme looked a bit different as he looked closer. The kids looked.. nice enough, there was no dress code, except the usual, no croptops, spaghetti straps, ect. But other than that, you could basically wear whatever, and some kids were wearing very intense clothing.

Micah turned left to walk over to a blonde girl behind a dark brown desk to see what dorm room he had. She looked up as he walked over.

"U-uh.. excuse me, may i get the keys to my dorm room?" He asked nervously. Micah had never really been good at social interaction, especially not with asking questions, always stuttering and whatnot.

"Sure thing, your roomates name is Arlo Jima, room 47, here's your keys." She tossed him a pair of shimmering silver keys with an "A" and an "M". 'Arlo? Isnt that the name of.. No everyone can have the name Arlo..' He thought. The name did sound awfully similar to his online friend, Arlo, though it could be anybody, right? He gave her a quick " thanks! " And walked off towards his dorm, both excited yet nervous to meet his roomate. As he walked, he looked around at the place, it was pretty, and had a nice vibe to it. I think Micah was gonna like this place.

Soon, he arrived at the dusty brown door that had the number "47" plastered on with mahogany colored paint, and knocked on it, waiting patiently. A few heartbeats later, a short male appeared at the doorway, and Micah stared at him for a second. He had light freckles dusting his pale skin, and soft dirty green eyes that brang out his skin color perfectly. He had curly, dark brown hair. 'Looks soft' was Micah's first thought, strangely.. But he could recognize that face from anywhere, it was Arlo! Arlo, the person he'd been best friends with since they were 14! 5 years of friendship... Wow.

"Oh hi there! Im Arlo Jima, and you must be my roomate! Mister..?" The brunette looked up at Micah. "Arlo! Hi, its me, Micah Kyono, from where we met online?"

Arlo looked shocked for a second, then pulled him inside, softly shutting the door behind them. "Micah?! Its really you?" He looked ecstatic, a smile appearing on his face. "It is! It's so good to actually see you in real life!" Micah squealed, excited to finally meet the person he'd adored talking to for hours on end for 5 years straight, in person!

"I'm so glad to see you!!" Micah squeaked in surprise as Arlo tackled him onto the floor, embracing him in a warm hug. Micah chuckled, looking down at the brunette clinging to his torso, feeling his face heat up just the slightest bit.. 'Why's my face hot? Is there no air conditioning here?' He wondered. "Oh sorry!" Arlo pushed himself up, smiling nervously down at the blonde below him.

"Dont worry about it, what a warm welcome, quite literally!" They both laughed. Arlo looked him right in the eye and shuffled a little closer. "I'm so glad i get to be with you in real life" he smiled softly at his feet. Micah smiled back, "So am i, and that means i can tackled you now instead of just threatening you!!" He snicked, moving teasingly towards his friend, who moved into a defensive stance, causing Arlo to laugh at how silly he looked. Micah knew he was gonna like this college.

"Well how about i show you around the dorm?" Arlo offered, looking around the decent-sized room. "Sure, that'd be great!" Micah agreed. There was a bunk-bed, with soft brown sheets and darker brown covers. The walls of the dorm were a matte white color, with small linings of pure white near the bottom. There was a small kitchen, the cupboards were just a plain white color, but the design of the plates caught his eye, they were a foresty green color with little red strawberries imprinted on them.

"There are so cute!" Micah stared at the plates with awe, looking mesmerized. Arlo giggled at his excitement, "You like em? I made the design myself." He said, looking proud. "You made these? I love it!" Micah threw his arms around Arlo's neck, almost making them fall over. Arlo giggled, "Thanks, they took a while"

They continued looking at the dorm room, Arlo giggling when Micah got excited at something, and soon enough, it was time to have dinner and sleep. 'Today was fun..' Micah thought as he closed his eyes, exhaustion hitting him like a brick, 'im definitely going to enjoy being in this college..' He smiled and let sleep take him over.

Hello! Hope this wasnt too bad😭 ill be sure to make the next chapter or two tomorrow!! Bye<3

-micah