chapter eight| i love you

Start from the beginning

Elaina hesitated. "Look, I know he isn't Woodsboro, but I know him. I trust him, Mindy. And before you say anything, I know I trusted her too. I'm sorry. If it is him, you can be as mad at me as you want. But I truly believe Ethan's innocent."

Mindy's heart broke at her friend's words. "Do you think I'd be mad at you? I would never be mad at you."

Elaina felt her eyes threatening to tear. "You got mad at me last time."

"I was never mad at you, Lain. Why do you think that?"

"You barely came over. Chad came over all the time, but you barely did. I assumed you were mad."

Mindy hugged her best friend. "I was never, ever mad at you. I didn't know how to deal with everything and thought it was best to give you space. Before I found out about what was happening with you, Chad told me you weren't doing good. I just wanted to give you space. I knew Chad was with you all the time, that's why I didn't visit. I knew you always had him."

"Oh." Was all that left Elaina's mouth, as the next subway pulled up.

Elaina decided she would alternate standing with Ethan and Mindy. First up, was Ethan. The two were standing roughly close to Mindy, the girl's mouthing words to each other.

Chad + Elaina

Chad!!

You guys safe?

Lamey Lain

yeah

mindy and ethan are not happy

I have to alternate standing with each of them

Chad!!

Yikes

Glad it's you stuck with them and not me

Lamey Lain

aww thanks bro

means so much to me!

Chad!!

I'm kidding

Idk how much longer I'll have service

But please be careful

I still have your meds, so you're gonna have to wait

Lamey Lain

I'll survive

the pain isn't too bad rn

you be careful too

can't have you dying on me

"Of course this has to happen on Halloween." Elaina mumbles. "I can see 3 people in ghostface costumes."

Ethan looks at Elaina. "They're just some teens. We're safe here. And like I've said, I'll protect you."

Elaina giggles, "Yeah, because you're so muscular and strong?"

Ethan pretends to be offended. "Exactly. You're lucky we don't have any room to move, otherwise I'd be picking you up and plopping you over my shoulder. Maybe start doing some curl ups."

"Wow, how kind of you." Elaina says, taking her eyes of Ethan and to Mindy.

Ethan does the same, giving a small wave to Mindy, who just looks at him in disgust.