Eden continued to break down in sobs and felt a sharp pain in her belly. Her body language and emotions was affecting her unborn child in a negative way. She shut her mouth tightly and beared the sharp pain which soon disappeared. "I told you Lionel. I can't quit this job at all. This job may be too low for you but it means a lot to me. Am sorry again for embarrassing you last night among your friends but... what's the big deal in me being a waitress?" Eden sniffled as she spoke. Lionel ruffled his black hair slightly annoyed seeing she wasn't willing to understand him and just for heaven's sake quit her job.

He leaned further towards her. "Don't you love me anymore Eden?" He asked and Eden widened her eyes at his question. "Of course I love you Lionel. I love you more than anything in this world..."

"So why aren't you listening to me. If you love me like you say you do, you wouldn't have refused me and would have immediately sent in your resignation letter to your boss at the restaurant." Lionel said trying to emotionally blackmail her. Eden knew his tactics, sure she wasn't a smart woman but she wasn't foolish either and knew when to smell a rat at all circumstances. Eden shut her eyes as more tears slipped away from her eyes. "Please also understand me my love. This job means a lot to me." She said leaning closer with her huge belly setting a distance between them.

Lionel sighed and shut his eyes as well. "It seems you'll never get me Eden. I can't do this anymore. I can't do it anymore Eden! Am fed up with you and your damn ego to keep a stupid job and be independent!" Lionel was snapping at Eden at this point which made Eden gasp out. "What..what do you mean.. you're fed up with me Lionel?" She asked and Lionel lost it this time. "Why are you so damn dumb! Can't you figure out a simple thing. You can't be my wife and be a waitress at the same time. You had to choose and you clearly chose your job over your husband. Great! Just terrific! I've gotten my answer." He stormed out of the house after that and Eden immediately bursted into tears weeping badly. She sniffled and grabbed her handbag. He was upset and would calm down when he gets back. She kept on telling herself this as she went to work that day.

Lionel did come back home to freshen up and seeing Eden gone to her work, he got angry and changed his clothes before leaving for a meeting regarding the tender contract. Eden arrived home a bit early today from work and was deeply disheartened seeing that Lionel didn't touch his breakfast. She waited patiently for him to return and she slept off after waiting at the dining table for hours on end. Lionel arrived home around 12am and didn't bother to look at her. Eden woke up by the sound of the door and was quick to spot him. She stood up quickly with a smile. "I prepared dinner. Am a you're hungry and haven't eaten since you probably were in a busy me..." She paused seeing him leave and disappeared walking up the stairs. He was ignoring her like last night. Eden knew Lionel and wouldn't want her life to be dependent on him. No doubt she loved Lionel more than her own life and was willing to do anything for him. She wanted independence in her life and there wasn't a day she didn't regret studying harder in college and Lionel soup have been proud of calling her his wife.

Lionel left early the next day not sparing a single glance at Eden who was again preparing breakfast for him. She slept in the guestroom again as he locked her out from their bedroom. He slowly began to arrive more late than usual which worried Eden but Lionel gave her a serious indifference treatment and didn't speak to her after their discussion that morning.

She spoke to her friends Susan and Gloria about Lionel's indifference for the past five days and how late he was coming home everyday. Susan was suspecting Lionel of having an affair outside but Eden immediately bashed her thoughts and even threatened to end her friendship with Susan. A week had passed with Lionel still giving Eden the cold shoulder while Eden continued her work.

One evening, Lionel arrived early making Eden estastic. Tonight she had decided to make all his favourite foods and planned to patch things up with him. She wasn't liking this growing distance between them and knew she had to fix it ASAP before it was too late. She heard him walking into the kitchen and her heart was leaping in happiness. Perhaps he too was missing her touch as much as she was missing his but saw him only halt a few feet away behind her. Eden turned around with a smile. "Welcome honey. I've made all your favourite meals tonight. Don't you think it's time we patch things up. This is the first time we've stayed apart from each other and it's not healthy for us..."

"I want a divorce." Lionel cut her off and Eden had to hold onto the kitchen counter to balance and save herself from falling. Did she hear right. Immediately the thought of Susan advicing her of the dangers of not listening to her husband sure brought consequences and Eden could only echo one thing in her mind from Susan's words. Her marriage was on the line. Eden quickly held Lionel's face and her eyes became glassy. "What..what are you saying..Lionel? You..you want a divorce!" She couldn't believe what she was hearing and her voice broke constantly as she began to weep.

"Is all this because of my work?...then.. I'll quit right away but please.. please don't say such things." Eden was in despair and her eyes flushed out hot tears staring into Lionel's brown eyes but found no emotions. Lionel sighed and held her shoulders firmly. "No Eden.. it's not just about your job. It's just I've realised these past few days that we aren't compatible with each other. We're poles apart and don't see things the way we used to anymore." Eden got angry and jerked Lionel away. "No Lionel. It's not me who's changed but you.. you've completely changed and money is all you care and think about. Your relationship with your parents is hanging by a thread because of your stubbornness and will to be so at the top of everything right now." Eden knew well how sensitive Lionel felt about the subject regarding his parents but she needed to point that out because he was indeed going too far.

"I know how you feel about the subject but you have to know the risk you're taking to chase after wealth. You're far away from your parents and now you want to drive me away from you? Don't ruin out marriage. It's not I who has to change. Am still the same Eden you fell in love with in college. Am still the same Eden who always called dumb red head as a joke. Am still the same but I can't say the same about you Lionel." Eden spoke and sobbed more. Her mouth felt bitter as she spoke out those hurtful words.

"Exactly Eden. Am not the same Lionel. I've changed and want to be someone known and big and I don't see you in that future with me." His harsh words kept breaking Eden's heart and she had to grab a chair at the kitchen counter and sat down holding my huge belly. She sniffled and turned to him again.

"What about our baby? Will you abandon our baby as well?" She asked trying to control the next wave of tears from flowing out. "I will provide for my baby but won't be associated with it. I can do this much at least." Lionel repiled and shrugged as if he was completely unfazed by it. "Because our baby is going to ruin your image right?" Eden said and chuckled lowly and used her hands to send the dishes straight towards the marbled tiled floor. She turned to Lionel who was surprised by her outburst. "Am not going to plead my whole life for you to see me as your equal and not the way to your downfall. If my baby can't have your last name then it surely doesn't need your charity and pity." She spat at him in anger as she cried more. She was beyond frustrated and tired to always being the one to settle their differences whenever they had any argument.

Lionel got angry at her rude behaviour. "Fine! Not that I care. All I care about reaching the very top and nothing else and I mean I won't allow anything else to get in my way Eden. I did try being a good human being to your baby but I forgot you like being independent..."

"Who is the other woman?" Eden caught Lionel off guard. His face clearly showed shock by her question. Eden saw him gulp hard and her heart sank even more. She didn't want to appear weak before him again and again and held herself from running to him and promising him how she was going to change herself for him but she also didn't want to this time around. She wasn't going to cry over him all the time. If he didn't want her anymore then she was fine with that. "I hate you Lionel Bluebird!" Eden said between her sobs and rushed towards her room crying like a little baby while Lionel sighed in relief about getting rid of her in a few days.

Eden rushed into their bedroom and began to throw Lionel's clothes out of the large closet and screamed out. She slowly fell towards the floor holding her belly and seeped badly. "How could you Lionel? You..you were cheating..on me." Her voice broke even more as she continued her loud weeping. It was over this time, even she couldn't forgive this. Their marriage was definitely over this time and for good.