= A Peculiar Thing

Someone please explain to me why there are no Bonnie Barstow/April Curtis fics in the Knight Rider fandom (as far as I can tell)? Because I absolutely dig this ship, and wish that there was more of it.

Looks like I'm just going to have to write it myself!

Enjoy this little thing!

~ Candy

//\\//\\

He's not sure he had seen it at first, being as their touches and gentle brushing up against one another as both women work on him and check all his systems are still in working order and update whatever needs updating after his and Michael's last case (there was an unfortunate incident of him getting stuck in a rather large puddle of mud while chasing the suspect off road in the pouring rain). And seeing as they're both working under his hood right now, it only makes sense that they'd accidentally brush up against one another.

But there's just something about their touches that just doesn't add up to them getting in each other's way while working. It seems more... in love? He thinks that's what it is anyway. Certainly seen it enough with Michael and any random girl or guy he picks up at a bar, or the way Michael would look at Stevie before she was killed. So he thinks he might be right in thinking that it's love that these two women hold for one another.

It certainly would explain the light blush that forms on April's cheeks as she stands back after retrieving something from the bench behind her, just watching as Bonnie leans into his engine bay checking him over.

He doesn't make any comment on it though, not as April's gaze turns their attention to him. Her eyes widening slightly in what KITT assumes is embarrassment and possibly worry as she no doubt has realized that he's noticed the way she was looking at Bonnie.

She has nothing to be embarrassed or worried about though. If April and Bonnie are what he thinks they are, then he's happy for them. Of course he is. All he wants is to see the two of them happy, and if they're happy with each other, then that's all that matters.

Deciding to show his approval, and to assure April and in turn Bonnie that he's happy for them, he switches on some cheesy love song. Which gets the attention of both women. However, he doesn't need to say anything for them both to understand that he's figured it out and is happy for them. And that he won't go off and relay this new information to Michael or Devon at the first chance he gets.

Their secret is safe with him. He won't tell a soul.

It also explains why the both of them would always decline any dates Michael would ask them out on in the past, using the excuse of them being just too busy to date right now, or that they're just not interested or looking to date right now (of course, Michael was always fine with and accepted their excuses).

And as the two get back to work, KITT finds the pair moving around him and each other more at ease than they were before now that they don't need to hide anything from him. Like some heaviness had been lifted from the room that KITT hadn't noticed was there at first until it was gone. They even stand a lot closer together now that it's out in the open, with more lingering touches and shared looks between one another as they work.

It's beautiful, and KITT loves to see his two mechanics like this together. Is absolutely happy that they've found each other in this way, and wishes them all the best. Because all he wants is to see them happy, and clearly, they are, and that's all that matters to him.

He just knew that there would be good things to come out of April choosing to stay on the team after Bonnie had returned to the Foundation.