Epilogue

Chapter 13

Brody’s Pov

‘’What, Brody are you being serious right now?’’ Fernando questions as he widens his eyes.

‘’Yes, I’m very much serious, so what do you say babe, you and me take the big step?’’ I wanted this, I wanted him to see that without him there was no Brody, he healed me of my mental pain, he made me believe there were things to live for and what I was doing with my life wasn’t living. I was ignoring the pain and the disappointment that happened to me years ago.

He helps me realize not everyone has an ugly soul and not everyone was out to get you.

‘’Yes!’’ I barely heard his excited answer; he said it softly but with excitement and at that point I knew I did the right thing, by coming to visit my parents, by coming back to him.

‘’Awe, the happy couple finally get together.’’ I didn’t even care Jared was there, in a way he was like another father to me, a dysfunctional one but one nonetheless.

‘’I wouldn’t be making fun if I was you, if I know my brother and I do, Miguel is going to want a fairy tale wedding himself.’’ Fernando drawls and Miguel blushes as Jared stares at him shocked.

‘’Oh and Jared, I might not know how to shoot a gun, but my newly fiancée does and I can probably pay him so he can take you out and no one would miss you, and the best part I can pay him with my body not with money.’’ I smile sheepishly and turn to Jared.

‘’Jared, do what the man says because his payment method is very fucking tempting.’’ I wink and wrap my arms around Fernando’s small waist.

Jared growled but wraps his own arms around Miguel as he started walking out of the diner.

‘’I fucking hate you Brody, if you would’ve stayed away like I order you I wouldn’t be on my way to talk to Miguel’s adoptive parents, whom are the same age as me.’’ I roll my eyes and Fernando snorts.

‘’Jared, not to burst your bubble but Aidan and Sebastian are a few years younger than you.’’ I froze and I eyed Fernando a nod from him confirms he was serious and I almost wince as I realize I had forgotten a few birthdays.