2

Cas throws his hands up in fear, blue eyes wide.
"Woah you two." Dean puts his hands up and feels for the small hole in his jacket, "let's not do something we are gonna regret." he says as he whips out his switch blade from the jacket.
The one with the knife lunges, lightly cutting the skin on Deans cheek as he jumps aside.
Blood trickles down to his jawline. Dean just chuckles and dabs the blood with his fingers.
The next attack is from the unarmed man. A swift kick to the chest, knocking the air out of him.
Dean quickly regains stability and throws a punch, it lands right in the mans temple and he falls to the cement.
Yet Cas and Dean both forgot the first man. And when Dean hears the click of a pistol he says to Cas,
"Run."
They both break into a full sprint to the 67 Chevy Impala and Dean grabs his keys hurriedly.
Gun fire erupts around them, spraying somewhere to his left.
Two bullets whip around and hit Deans shoulder and arm. He cries out in pain before unlocking the doors and speeding off down the road.
"Cas?" He asks frantically, reaching over with one hand to grab for his partner.
"I'm okay Dean." Cas holds tightly onto Deans hand, "but you are bleeding."
"Yeah I noticed." Dean winces.
"Pull over, I'm taking you to a hospital." Cas demands.
"Nope. We aren't going to any hospitals." Dean replies and starts in the direction of 8th street.
"Why!?" Cas nearly yells.
"Don't like em'. Haven't been to one in twelve years." Dean says sharply.
Awkward silence fills the car.
"You weren't born blind were you?" Cas asks, and Dean expected the question.
"I got eleven years of looking up girls skirts and blue skies." Dean smiles in a bittersweet way.
"What happened?" Another routine question he would usually answer without thinking twice.
But he liked Cas, and wanted him to stay. So he decided to keep him in the dark for now.
"Sorry. You must be at level 4 to unlock my tragic backstory."
"We were just shot at together. That not level 4 yet?" Cas asks, in shock.
"Eh. Hey by any chance are you a doctor? I don't want to bleed out tonight." Dean asks, with Cas still grasping his hand.
"I'm an ER nurse actually." Cas replies.
"Whew. Looks like we are gonna' have a whiskey and try not to bleed out sleepover." Dean says as they pull up to the parking garage.
Cas hops out first, and let's Dean heavily lean on him instead of using a cane to guide himself.
They make their way up the stairs to Deans apartment on the fifth floor after making a quick stop to get Cas' first aid kit.
As soon as Dean walks into the apartment he stands on his own and stumbles over onto the couch.
Cas flips on the light switch because he'd need all the light he could get and Dean didn't really use the lights.
"Fuck!" Dean mumbles as his glasses drop onto the floor.
He reaches for them but can't reach them. Whenever he got hurt it was harder to find things or listen as well, because when he was hurt he couldn't focus.
Cas came over with whiskey and took off Deans shirt, exposing rock hard abs and scars.
Dean muffles his screams with a blanket as Cas digs into his arm and then shoulder to retrieve the bullets lodged into him.
He then stitches up the wounds and the gash on Deans cheek.
By this point Dean Winchesters skin is pale and sweaty and he's out cold.
Cas decides he better watch over him. He doesn't sleep much anyway after-all.
Around midnight Cas is starting to drift on when Dean wakes up suddenly. He cries out and screams, swinging his arms violently as tears run down his cheeks.
"Dad! Stop it! Don't do that to Sam! No!" He yells before waking up and breathing heavily. Cas wraps his legs around Dean, straddling him and holding down his arm to keep from further damage.
He's sobbing on the couch trying to fight Cas off of him.
"Dean you are hurting the stitc-"
Cas is cut off by Deans hand jerking up to his own face.
Deans rough hands hold the side of his face and run over his nose and lips.
Cas just stays quiet and let's him.
Tears continue to streak down his cheeks, stinging his wound, but now they are subsiding.
With a hand on Cas' warm face he asks,
"What color are your eyes?"
"Sky blue Dean." Cas says calmly, running a hand through Deans light brown hair.
"Pretty." Dean murmurs, " I mean, you are very handsome."
Cas blushes and Dean can feel it, which makes him smile.
"Thank you Dean."