7: Power Move: No Skill Needed

✿  Geneva's POV

I got down the stairs and headed straight for the dining room. The hunger was killing me. But I was barely hungry in the mornings. The only time would be if I had sex with Warren the previous night. But we didn't have sex last night.

“Miss?”

I blinked away from my thoughts at the maid.

“Are you ready to take your breakfast?”

“Yes, yes, please. Thank you” I answered in a hurry.

She nodded and bowed a little before walking away. I took a seat and sighed, rubbing my stomach, when my earring fell off.

“Ugh, I knew I should have gone with the red ones. Bad omen” I muttered and reached under the table to grab it.

My phone dinged and I got down on all fours under the table to be comfortable enough to check the notification.

“She got a boob job?!” I exclaimed, looking at a picture of an old classmate. “Eww does she not know any good plastic surgeons? That looks like two sad raindrops” I muttered.

“Oh my goodness, he did that?!” a voice gasped above me.

“I know. Everyone's still talking about” a second voice went. “I can't believe she made the Alpha go back on his word. No one's ever done that.”

“Except Miss Geneva” the first one scoffed.

My brows automatically furrowed.

“Well yes, but Miss Geneva just hints at it that she doesn't agree. She does challenge the Alpha. But this one? Oh my goodness you should have seen it. She might just give the Alpha a run for his money.”

I locked my phone.

“So this Ulyana lady just got here and there's so much drama already? Goodness, didn't the Alpha find any maiden in this pack attractive enough to marry?” the first voice asked.

“Well, he's chosen her so she's his second chance mate now.”

“Mm mm,” the first voice hummed in disagreement. “My money is on the fact that she's a witch.”

I narrowed my eyes.

“A witch? Really Jane?” her friend asked.

“Yes. How can someone make the Alpha... not any Alpha... but Alpha Zolt... rule out his own law? Pure witchcraft!”

I groaned and got up from underneath the table. The girls gasped and paled as I stood up.

“Is this what we pay you for?” I asked. “To stand around and gossip? Huh?”

“M-Miss G-Geneva” the Jane girl stammered.

“I didn't hear a yes, girls. And by right, I should fire you and have you banished from attempted treason.”

“No, no, no. Miss Geneva! Please!” Jane's friend pleaded, holding both her hands together as if saying a prayer.

Jane joined, a regretful look on her face. I narrowed my eyes at them.

“Okay. But this should be the first and last time you gather to talk shit about Ulyana. Is that clear?”

“Yes Miss!” they chorused.

“Good. Now go make me some scrambled eggs” I said.

They glanced at each other.

“Did I stutter?” I asked, getting their legs to move. “Scram!”