014.

"From here on, the second selection of Blue Lock will begin."

'What, you still have shit to say?' You raise your eyebrow.

"The first selection where you fought so far was to make strikers understand the meaning of turning zero to one."

'Should've never thought that....'

"From here on out, you will make use of a state of the art field so that you can fight to turn your own one into a hundred."

"The second selection is divided up into five different stages."

"It's a leveling system where you'll only be allowed to move on after clearing each stage."

"Your next goal will be to clear the mission in the first stage."

"And those who cleared all the stages and completed the second selection..."

"Will participate in a strengthening training camp, with top world players of my choosing."

'Oh?' You are more curious about how much Ego could possibly do to surprise you even more.

"That's it for the explanation, feel free to warm up. Those who are ready, move on to the gate alone."

'Fair enough... He is trying to create a striker.'

"The first stage is an individual battle. Once you've entered, you can't return."

"If you don't advance to the second stage, you would best assume that you'll never meet your rivals beside you again."

"Of course, the second selection will be much more harder than the first."

"No matter how well you've done so far, if you can't get past this, then you're simply just no good."

"Those of you who just lucked out with strong teammates and managed to survive, get ready."

"The second selection will thin out that trash, and only true egoist will remain."

"I wish you all luck."

'If there are this much people here, it should take a while for everyone to finish the first stage. While that's happening, I'll treat myself with a nap.' You walk away from Team V and find a corner to sleep in.

-

You woke up without anyone waking you up and saw that there are still quite a lot of players left.

"That was a good nap....." You stretch your arms.

"I'm ready..." You rub your eyes while walking towards the door which leads to the first stage of the second selection.

"......." The hallway is quiet, only your footsteps can be heard.

'An empty room...?' You look around the white room while feeling curious on what's going to happen.

"-!" A ball was suddenly shot towards you which you caught perfectly.

A hologram appeared in front of you before a goal net appeared behind it.

The hologram now look to be the goal keeper with the way he's standing in front of the goal.

"Jeez..." You let out a sigh with a smile on your face before noticing your place to move is shrinking and getting more restricted by the second.

"I'm not used to this kind of advance technology...!" You immediately kick the ball towards the goal.

The word 'goal' is shown on the wall. It seems like the whole room except the floor is made out of panels.

And from what the screen show, you conclude that you have to score 99 more goals in the next 89 seconds to complete the first stage.