However, before Denji can finish the job, the devil retaliates, beheading him. Shockingly, Denji's decapitated head continues the assault, and the chainsaw pierces through the head of the Falling Devil. "My word. This is the first time I've been on the menu," the Falling Devil remarks, as Denji continues to dismantle her.

After Denji finishes cutting off the Falling Devil's head, the devil swiftly regenerates, retrieves its head, and delivers a powerful kick that sends Denji crashing into a building, rendering him unconscious. Taking advantage of the moment, the Falling Devil picks up the apple that fell from its bag. "You must be Chainsaw Man. I won't kill any more humans. There's no need for us to fight. My final task is to drop Asa Mitaka into hell... and then I'll take my leave," the devil explains. Denji regains consciousness, transforming into his Chainsaw Man form. "Did you say... drop Asa Mitaka into hell?" Denji asks, starting to heal himself. The Falling Devil proceeds to elaborate.

"That's right," the devil confirms, transforming back into its proper appearance, now donning chef-like attire. "I was given a job... to feed the residents of hell. Asa Mitaka is the final course." Denji is left confused, struggling to comprehend the devil's words. "Nothing you say makes sense! This is great though. Now I have an excuse to kill you!" Denji exclaims, his response sounding brash. He lunges towards the Falling Devil, shouting, "Keep your hands off... my ex-potential girlfriend!" As Denji's chainsaw approaches the Falling Devil rapidly, it says, "Oh, dear."

The Falling Devil redirects Denji's chainsaw, causing him to float in the air. "You're impeding my cooking. I must ask you to leave," the devil states calmly. It then utters the word "Fall."

As soon as the devil speaks the command, Denji's mind is flooded with unpleasant memories from his past. The death of Power, Aki turning into a gun fiend, and the frustration of watching Gojo go out with someone else—all of it overwhelms him. "Gyaaa!" he cries out, ascending high into the sky. The Falling Devil releases its hold on him and turns its attention away, saying, "That's that, now to follow Asa Mitaka's scent."

However, Denji refuses to give up. "Eat this!" he stubbornly hacks away at the Falling Devil's body once again, surprising the devil. "Wha?!" it exclaims, confused by how Denji is able to harm it. Denji explains,

"When I fight devils that use mental attacks, I cut up my brain as a rule, duhhh!!" He foolishly cuts off his own head to demonstrate his method to the Falling Devil. Approaching the devil, Denji continues to spout random phrases. 

"Corn dogs! I wanna eat corn dogs!! From, uhh... France!!" he blurts out. The Falling Devil insults him, calling him a stupid boy, as Denji starts devouring the devil. "Yummy!!" Denji exclaims, relishing the taste of the devil's legs.

"Stop that! I am not a corn dog!" the devil angrily retorts, but then it begins to calm down. "Perhaps you're right, though. A chef ought to experience being eaten... at least once," it concedes. As the devil regains its composure, its spilled guts start to wrap tightly around Denji, binding him in a macabre embrace.