one too many drinks // xiaoven

warning: this is very long and very slowburny, (it is over 1k words before smut happens 4k words total) 

After finishing the last sip of his wine Venti let out a satisfied sigh. He was cuddled up in Xiao's lap on the couch in his room at Wangshu Inn.

He sat his glass down and rested his head on the adepti's chest, wrapped his arms around his neck, and looked into his amber-colored eyes.

"Xiao," he said with a giggle. "Yes?" He responded and placed a hand on Venti's cheek, gently stroking his soft rosy skin with his thumb. Venti laughed once again and spoke, "I feel really funny." He smiled and leaned in, leaving several kisses across Xiao's face.

"You're drunk, let's go to bed." He tried to stand up but Venti stretched out like a starfish in protest, trying desperately to force Xiao to remain on the couch, but the drunken god was no match for the vigilant yaksha.

Xiao carried the board-shaped Venti towards the hallway, then he realized how difficult it would be to get him through the door. Negotiation was the only option.

"I'm not sleepy, why don't we have a few more drinks?" The bard spoke with slurred words, far less eloquent than usual. "No, Venti. You're going to get sick if we do that!"

Venti reached his arms up around Xiao's neck, leaning into his chest and looking into his eyes once more. "Sick from booze yes, but I could never get sick of your company, my love." He grinned and giggled as he spoke, which earned an eyeroll from Xiao.

"How about this, we go to bed and you can have my company there, away from the booze. No sleeping required."

Venti furrowed his brows as he considered this offer. "Hmm... I suppose I can agree to that." The bard smiled and leaned into the adeptus, finally letting Xiao carry him without protest. He happily kicked his feet and giggled as he was carried and gently placed on the bed.

He closed his eyes and put his arms out, beckoning for Xiao's touch but none came. Instead he was met with words from a few feet away. "I'll be right back, I haven't changed or brushed my teeth."

Tears filled Venti's eyes as he flopped forward on the end of the bed, reaching out desperately towards Xiao. "No, don't go! You promised me your company." His brows furrowed and his face quickly turned a shade of red. Xiao was unable to discern if the flushed color was due to anger, or embarrassment.

Xiao approached the bard and helped distance him from the edge of the bed. With the yaksha's guidance, Venti was sitting up again.

Xiao tilted his chin up with his thumb and forefinger, looking him in the eyes as he spoke. "God, You're so cute when you're drunk."

His thumb slowly wandered its way up Venti's face, reaching a resting point on the bards soft lips. Now gently gliding his thumb over the skin, he admired Venti for a moment before getting back on task.

He knelt down and reached for a suitcase from under the bed, from which he pulled out a large white button up shirt, one Venti frequently used for sleepwear. Once he had the shirt, he sat on the bed and gently patted his lap, signaling Venti to come take a seat.

"I realized you're still in your day clothes, and I don't know how efficient you'll be at getting changed yourself right now." He looked away as he said this before reaching his hands up and carefully unpinning the bard's hat.

"Oh, Planning to strip me?" Venti followed his words with a drunken giggle, before leaning down and leaving a few kisses on Xiao's neck. The adeptus leaned into the touch and ran his fingers through his bard's hair, but that was all the response he was able to get out of Xiao.