Chapter 1. Love Is In The Air

*Rogers POV*

"Goodbye Everybody. You all were wonderful my Darlings" I hear Freddie yell as we end our last song Bohemian Rhapsody.

We all head back stage to get ready to pack up and go to our flats. We're all exhausted, just wanting to crawl into our beds and sleep.

"Damn good show my Darlings" Freddie smiles.

Deaky chuckles as he puts his bass guitar away. As we are almost done packing up we are interrupted by somebody knocking on the door.

"Oh Freddiepoo go answer the door" Brian laughs.

"Oh shut up" Freddie jokes.

I pack up my drums while I hear mumbling at the door.

"Roger, somebody's here for you" Freddie yells.

I grumble walking up to the door. All I want to do is drink some vodka and head back to my flat. It's been a really long night.

As soon as I see Freddie I see some lady standing right by him in the doorway.

Whoever she is, she's gorgeous. Long blonde hair, not short but not tall - about 5'7, skinny, with blue sparkling eyes.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you. My name's Melaney. I was wondering if I could talk to you for a minute Roger? If that's okay" Melaney stutters.

"Of course. Come right in" I reply.

I show Melaney where to sit down unsure of what she's here for.

Melaney sits down in the love seat back stage while I sit down across from her.

"Would you like some vodka" I ask.

"No thanks. I don't like alcohol" Melaney replies.

I pour myself some vodka and get myself comfy knowing that i'll probably be here for a while.

"I'm just here to ask you a few questions. Nothing big" Melaney says shyly.

"Mhm okay, go ahead" I reply.

Melaney continues to ask me many questions, mainly involving my life as a member of Queen.

I hear Brian and Freddie yelling in the background. Freddie seems to get mad when Brian calls him Freddiepoo. It's mainly Freddie yelling, Brian I just hear laughing.

"Well, thank you for letting me ask you questions. You were fabulous tonight" Melaney quickly says.

I didn't want her to go. Yes I wanted to go to bed but I didn't want this to be the last time ever seeing her.

"Wait, Melaney" I yell as she's walking out the door.

"I want you to have this, it's my number. Call me anytime."

Melaney looks a bit shocked, but eventually a smile creeps across her face. Her eyes brighten up as she says "Thank you."

The door shuts as she leaves, making me a bit sad. Deaky nudges me in the shoulder indicating that he knows that I like her.

"You go Roger" Deaky chuckles.

Brian and Freddie are now laughing together, those two are just inseparable best friends. Freddie probably already forgot about what he was angry about.

"So you like her" Brian asks.

"No. Well um maybe" I stutter.

"Oooh" the band awes.

"Guys quit it" I playfully shove Brian.

For a moment it's dead silent back stage. The whole band was staring at me, waiting to hear me say yes that I like Melaney, instead of "Well um maybe."

"Fine guys, I do like her. Why do you guys have to be so noisy" I grumble.

"Because we're a family Roger" Freddie replies.

"Plus we always have to keep up with your love life" Brian adds, laughing.

"No surprise there" I grumble.

"Well my Darlings, everything's packed up. I suppose that we can go home now" Freddie says.

We all climb onto the tour bus, too exhausted to play scrabble like we usually do before and after concerts - it's a tradition.

We all just close our eyes, it's going to be a while until we get home. Deaky's already asleep while Brian and Freddie are still awake, but barely.

I finally close my eyes and fall asleep thinking Melaney.