Chapter 2

Lies. Some lie to harm others, or to protect themselves. But why lie? Wouldn't telling the truth be a lot better? Sure the truth can hurt but it's better then finding out that everything you knew about someone was a lie. Some say they lie for a good reason, a white lie. Something small yet big, telling someone they look amazing even though you know they look terrible. But it makes the other person happy, right? The other person might like you less once they find out that you were lying to them. Like why lie to them? Weren't you guys friends? We lie every day even though we say not to. Why?

I followed the man to his house, it was a silent walk. Which was different from how he acts during work, he wasn't loud and goofy anymore. When we got inside his house, eh. Well the best way to describe it was that it was a mess. Bags of garbage were everywhere plus empty bottles of what I could assume was beer. " Make yourself at home! I'll go make us some soup!" He skipped into his kitchen throwing stuff around making me nervous. " Um, if you want I can cook dinner for tonight... I mean I am intruding your home at the moment." I should cook, after all judging from how he was about to add the whole bag of salt into the soup. " Eh? Sure, sure! The more the merrier. Hmm I don't have much but you can take what's in the fridge and make something!" 

I open up his fridge. hmm, this white box seems to be producing cold air? Looking around I end up taking some sliced bread and egg, making 4 egg sandwiches two for me and two for Dazai. He hummed into a happy beat as he stirred his soup, adding more stuff into the soup.

When we finished cooking we sat at his couch. It was messy, and there was about 10 pieces of mold sticking onto the couch. There was an uncomfortable silence in the room as we both munched on our food. The whole day I ended up sitting on a couch in the cafe below as the agency ran around doing random things.

" Why do you want to join the agency?" Dazai spoke to me, I stared at him for a moment. Why did I want to join the agency? " Well I heard from people that you guys are good, you help people. Plus you work with the government." I paused, everything I said so far was true. I read people's minds to find out information. It seems like the government is like celestia, neither good nor bad. " Meaning the pay must be good." Everyone should know this, currency is something that everyone needs to survive. Even though I might make more money by doing bad things, it might come back at me for all the bad things.

" I see." He placed his hand below his chin, acting like he's thinking of something. " You know up until the last part I thought you were a good kid." Ah, it seems like he's trying to see if I get worked up easily. 

( I'm sorry that I didn't update for quite some time. I got a concussion a couple weeks ago due to some kids in my neighborhood, being sent to the hospital. Anyhow it'll take me some time before I go back into a normal schedule too, so please be patient with me!

-I'm alive)