giving up 🪡

Atushi went ahead and called someone from the port mafia

Atushi went ahead and called someone from the port mafia. He didn't want to bring any trouble for the agency so he thought this was the best idea, currently he was on the phone with Higuchi. "Weretiger!" Higuchi said over the phone. "Your colleagues saved you the other day, but that won't be the case next time. What do you want?" Atsushi seemed somber about the whole thing. "I'm going to quit the agency. I'm going to quit, and go on the run alone. Catch me if you cam!" Atsuhi yelled over the phone.

Higuchi smiled, not that Atsuhi could see it. "I see. So you're telling us to call off the war on the agency?" Atsushi hung up the phone.

"Call the black lizard!" Higuchi yelled out.

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

Atsushi had returned to the agency to gather his things, he had a pale colored bag with him. He stumbled upon Kunikida and Y/n who were both holding a stack of papers. "Oh, there you are, brat." Atsushi turned to Y/n. "Here." he handed Y/n the doll that he had given him. "Huh? I made this for you to keep. Why are you returning it?" Y/n's face morphed into a look of sadness. "Did you not like it, I could make you a better one." Y/n clenched his fist around the doll of Atsushi that he had made.

"Keep it safe, I just don't trust myself with it." Atsushi rubbed his nape.

"Thanks to you, it's a huge mess." Kunikida spoke, Y/n elbowed Kunikida's side. "Stop being mean!" Y/n pouted. "It's highly probable that this will turn into the worst-case scenario. Help with these, Y/n's not very strong he'll just drop th-" Atsusi didn't say anything else and walked off. "Hey!" Kunikida yelled out to him. "There's no need to worry." Atsushi turned back around and gave Kunikida a gentle smile.  "The worst-case scenario won't happen anymore. This agency is safe." Atsushi turned around and began to walk away. "Hey!" Kunikida called out once more. "Come help, brat! Where are you running off to now?!" Atsushi had walked out of the building.

"He looked sad." Y/n spoke, Y/n pouted as he recalled what Kunikida said about him. "Since I'm sooo weak, I guess I shouldn't help you." Y/n's brows furrowed. "I didn't mean it." Y/n crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't feel like helping anymore." Y/n let the papers that he was holding fall to the ground, he was quick to run off. "That brat!!"

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

Y/n was seated on his desk, he had a pair of headphones over his head. Y/n saw the agency's door fly across the room, the room was surrounded by men in black suits, they had dark glasses on, they were pointing guns at them. None of the men seemed to be pointing guns in the area Y/n was in. Kunikida had sweat running down his face. Ranpo carried on with sipping his drink.

Much to Y/n's luck he didn't have any of his dolls with him. "Who are you?" Kunikida asked, Y/n got up and walked over to the others. "Apologies. Even though you're a detective agency, we forgot to make an appointment. And we forgot to knock." Y/n's body subconsciously moved towards Yosano. "The port mafia's black lizard." Y/n took his headphones off, the headphones rested on his neck. "Well, I hope you'll overlook these mishaps." the commander of the black lizard spoke. "Our errand will be over soon enough." Hirotsu pointed at the agency members, the men in black suits cocked their guns. The agency members were quick to step back, not that, that would do too much.

Y/n was fast on his feet and hid behind Ranpo's desk along with the other members, the men were shooting at them. Y/n stayed low to the ground he ran as he moved to the other desks as cover. Y/n was able to get behind some of the men, Y/n tripped one of the men, Y/n head locked the man, Y/n was smart to pull the man in front of him he was using the man as a shield in case he were shot at. Not that they'd fire at him.

The other members also attacked the other men. Y/n dragged the man behind him, the man was trying to fight back what so ever. "Jeez, you're heavy." Y/n threw the man out the window. "Stop!" Atsushi ran in out of nowhere and yelled. But he didn't have to worry, the agency had already taken care of the situation, Atsushi seemed shocked.

Ranpo was sitting back on his desk drinking something. "So You're finally back, brat." Kunikida looks over at Atsushi. "Uhh..." Atsushi sweat drops. Kenjinwas casually holding a gun, Y/n threw out another person. "This is why I hate raids. They really throw off our budget projections." Kunikida wrote in his green book. "How much do you think repairing the office and replacing inventory will cost?!"

"Using machine guns for a raid was a little over the top." Yosano spoke up, you pouted when you noticed a toy car of yours was broken. "It's your turn to go around the neighborhood with apologies and gifts, Kunikida-kun." Y/n smiles. "Last time I didn't even have to buy them anything." Sweat runs down Kunikida's face. "So it is the worst-case scenario! Y/n do you think you could help me out?" Y/n shakes his head. "Nope!" Y/n had a sweet smile on his face.

"Huh?" Atsushi's shocked. 'So, this is the "worst-case scenario"? This is the Port Mafia's military squad said to be on par with special ops? Huh?'

"Kunikida-san, what should we do with them?"

"We could throw them out the window. That's what I've been doing." Y/n shrugs. "Do what Y/n's been doing." Kunikida tells Kenji. "Roger!" Kenji pulls two men by the back of their collars. "Hup, hup. One, two..." Y/n goes to grab more of the men and throws them out the window. "Three!"

"For the umpteenth time, I wish they'd give up on raids." Kunikida walks away from his original spot. Both Y/n and Kenji continue to throw people out the window. 'The Agency's far more violent than the Port Mafia.'

"Bye!" Kenji says as he throws people out the building's window. "Hurry up and help with the clean-up, brat!" Y/n pokes his head out the window. "Bye, bye~" You wave at the men on the ground. "Have a nice trip!" Kenji says as he throws more of them out. "I can't believe you wandered off in the middle of it all!" Yosano stood by Y/n and Kenji. "I told you, you're a member of the Agency now. You should be thinking about what you yourself can do. Well, helping with the clean-up is about all you can do."

Atsushi's eyes widen as he recalls something Kunikida told him. "I see." Tears come down Atsushi's face. He lets out a small laugh. "Hey, if you have time to laugh... What, are you crying?" Atsushi is quick to turn around to hide his face from view. "I... I... I'm not crying!" Kunikida moves closer to Atsushi and speaks in his ear. "You are." Atsushi rubs away his tears. "I'm not!" The other Agency members watch them.

"Just look at you. You're so typical for your generation. Even when given a job, you just go off and play without permission. You cry if anyone gives so much as a word of criticism."

"That's not it. That's not what this is about."

"But you're crying."

"I am... But that isn't what it's about!" You walk over to Atsushi and Kunikida. "Do you want this back now?" You tilt your head and hold out the doll you made for Atsushi, he looks down at the doll and smiles gently. "Yes." He carefully grabs the doll you made for him.

1352 words