"He just got his freedom and now he's going to die?" Elizabeth's voice was small as she imagined telling Trevor and Rose about this.

"Sadly, yes." Elijah said, grabbing her hand and patting it as Mrs. Flowers brought the tea in and put it on the table.

"Here you are, dears. Have a nice chat." She smiled at them before leaving and Elijah stood up and began preparing a cup.

"How do you prefer your tea, Elskan?" He asked as she collected herself and glanced at him.

"Just with sugar." She answered and Elijah nodded before adding some sugar to the cup and moving to hand it to her before going back and making himself one. He sat back down as Elizabeth took a tentative sip at hers.

"Is there any other questions you had, Elskan?" He asked, sipping at his tea and deciding that he preferred Earl Grey to whatever this was.  Elizabeth twisted her daylight ring and Elijah's eyes caught the movement as he thought about asking and decided to do it.

"Do you mind terribly if I ask you something?" He asked and Elizabeth turned to look at him.

"No, why?" She asked and Elijah took another sip of tea before asking his question.

"How did you become a vampire and who turned you?" He asked and Elizabeth hummed before taking a sip of her own tea.

"It wasn't that long ago, actually." She admitted, softly and she put her tea down before twisting to look him in the eye. Elijah put his own cup down and listened as she began to tell him.

"My dad and stepmom had a family game night every Friday. On May 23 of last year, Elena was invited to a party that her friends and at-the-time boyfriend, Matt Donovan, was attending. My dad had told Elena she couldn't go so she snuck out and went anyway. At the party she got drunk and into an argument with Matt. She called crying and asking for a ride home, I had just broken up with my college boyfriend and I decided to go with my parents to pick her up. On the way back, as we were driving over the Wickery Bridge, the car went over the bridge and into the river. I hit my head on the front passenger seat and passed out so I don't remember everything, but I woke up in the inn outside Richmond. Someone had pulled me out of the water and because I had taken in too much of the water, I drowned after I got some vampire blood in my system." She informed him and Elijah looked strange.

"Who turned you?" He asked, wondering if her sire was the one who rescued her and realized that it must be why she didn't want to turn them over to him.

"You have to promise me that you and the others won't hurt them." Elizabeth insisted and Elijah thought that his hunch was accurate. She wouldn't feel this strongly if her sire had murdered her.

"I promise, Elskan, that your sire will not come to any harm by myself and when the others come, I will inform them that they are not to be harmed for turning you." Elijah swore and Elizabeth took a deep breath, remembering that Rose had said Elijah was a man of his word.

"Damon, my sire and the one who saved me is Damon Salvatore." She admitted and Elijah frowned for a second, but honored his vow. Damon would remain unharmed for turning Elizabeth, he would make sure that Finn and Kol knew that as well. He then decided to ask another question as she took a sip of her tea.

"Are you and him courting?" Elijah asked and Elizabeth choked on her tea, sputtering in disgust at the thought.

"No! Damon is my cousin-slash-many-times Great-Uncle. I'm descended from his younger half-brother and he's like an older brother." Elizabeth managed after she got her breath back. Elijah looked relieved and a smile stretched across his face.

"That is reassuring news." He said and Elizabeth thought about the strange dream she had had, but decided not to mention it. She instead just sipped at her tea and found herself enjoying Elijah's company. It was comforting and safe in a way that she only felt around Damon, she felt that, like Damon, Elijah wouldn't let anything happen to her.