"Is Elijah Smith staying here?" She asked, politely and the landlady Mrs. Flowers nodded warmly, if a little blankly.

"Yes, dear. He's in room 3, working on his new book. Should I let him know you're here?" She asked and Elizabeth bit her lip as she steeled her nerves. She needed to ask Elijah about werewolf bites before the legend could possibly mean that Trevor would lose his life so soon after gaining his freedom.

"Yes, tell him that it's Elizabeth Gilbert and I have the documents from the historical society in my car. I'd like to talk to him, offer my knowledge on the town." She finally said and Mrs. Flowers went to talk to Elijah Smith. Elizabeth tucked her hair behind her ears and listened to the conversation and sure enough, Elijah's smooth, deep voice jumped out at her.
__________________

"Yes, Mrs. Flowers?" He asked and she could hear Mrs. Flowers shifting at the door.

"Elizabeth Gilbert is here with the documents from the historical society and she would also like to talk to you." Mrs. Flowers answered and Elizabeth was surprised to hear a jump in Elijah's slow pulse.

"Send her up and I'll help her get the documents out of the car after we are finished up here." Elijah told the landlady and Elizabeth could hear her footsteps coming back towards Elizabeth.
__________________

"Right this way, dear." Mrs. Flowers said, leading Elizabeth through the B&B to the room Elijah was in. He was sitting at a desk and got up when she walked in, looking as if he was drinking the sight of her in and that the sight of her gave him more substance and life than human blood ever would.

"Do you two want me to fetch you some tea?" Mrs. Flowers asked as Elijah moved away from the desk and stood in front of Elizabeth, his brown eyes staring at her with all the heat of the sun.

"Yes, please!" Elizabeth answered, quickly as she looked away from Elijah's passionate gaze, feeling like she'd be burned by its intensity. Elijah felt a little disappointed, but reminded himself that while he had waited over 900 years for her, she had only found out about himself and his brothers recently.

"Alright, I'll leave you two alone while I go make the tea." Mrs. Flowers said before leaving the room, leaving Elizabeth alone with Elijah.

"Can we talk?" She asked and Elijah nodded, looking as if he was unsure of what to say.

"Yes, Elskan, what can I be of service for?" He asked, moving to sit down on the ottoman at the foot of the bed.

"I want to know about werewolf bites." She said, biting the bullet and sitting down next to him. Elijah looked surprised and then concerned as he looked her over.

"Have you been bitten, Elskan?" He asked, looking terrified at the prospect and she hurriedly shook her head no.

"No, I was almost bitten by one last night and Trevor saved me, but he ended up being bitten instead. It had healed, but now it's back. Will he live? Is there a cure?" Elizabeth asked and Elijah looked to have a mix of emotions on his face.

On one hand, he was relieved that his Elskan hadn't been bitten. Niklaus's blood wouldn't be a cure unless the curse was broken and she would have died from the bite before that could happen.

On the other hand, he was furious that his and his brothers' beloved had almost been taken from them by a werewolf bite and he was grateful to Trevor for intercepting the bite. He looked at Elizabeth's earnest face and hopeful eyes and sighed before shaking his head.

"I'm afraid not, Elskan. The temporary healing was only the toxin absorbing into the blood and skin. The toxin will then cycle through the vampire's blood until every part of the body is affected. The only cure at this point is euthanasia." Elijah admitted, feeling guilty at the heartbroken look on her face. He didn't understand why she felt so deeply for Trevor, but he hated the sight of her pain.