[S4]Ch. 8: Watery Weary

Your choice was to make Seonghwa dive deeper, but would this particular path be the best one to get you to where you need to be? Or rather... Where HE needs to be?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Seonghwa's heart told him to go forward towards the island, but something inside of him was telling him to look below in the dark depths first. Even though he found out that Y/N was indeed a Siren, he felt like diving deeper to search would ease his mind. If only by a little bit. What could it really hurt?

He knew she wouldn't drown, so why would something itching at the back of his brain be telling him to go further into the water?
Curiosity? Out of obligation? Maybe in hopes to somehow find her at the bottome floor of the ocean? Doesn't make any sense seeing as he's human and y/n was born to the sea.
Seonghwa would never know if he didn't check. Even if it was a dumb idea.

Without thinking of his own life or health, he took a deep breath, getting as much air as he can and dove straight down. He kicked his legs to go faster and deeper through the darkening water.

His vision blurred as water filled his eyes. He looked left and right, then behind him, and pilfered through seaweed and grass. Hoping to find an answer.

Perhaps he was still hypnotized from the Siren's song. The water was making him weary. Seonghwa came to the conclusion that this wasn't getting him anywhere.

He couldn't hold his breath for much longer. He quickly moves his legs, trying to swiftly soar up to the waters surface. As he breaches, he gasps for air, coughing sharply as he fills his lungs with oxygen. As he comes up for air, he notices the ship of his mates was coming back. Seonghwa can hear the distant call of his friends saying his name repeatedly.

Shit!
Surely if they get any closer, they'll try to convince me to come back. I need to find y/n. I have to get out of here.

What is your choice for Seonghwa this time?

Option 1:

Swim forwards to go back to the island once more. "There has to be more to this."

Option 2:

Give up on finding y/n. Give up on justice. "Stay still and allow my friends to come get me."

"