Maxs Party: Max's Version

Start from the beginning

I win, bitch.

As soon as she was out of sight, I elbowed Louis in the ribs. "What the hell, Partridge?"

"That's one of my little sisters friends, Audrey. She's had a crush on me for as long as I can remember. She's super annoying. I just didn't want to talk to her." he said with a small shrug.

"Cool." I said, then changed my sentance. "No, not cool actually. She's going to tell everyone we're together."'

"So? Let her."

I don't think he thought over his statement before saying it because his eyes widened and he scratched the back of his head. "What I mean is, she can tell who ever she wants. It's not like anyone will listen. She's a little bit insane. Plus, no one really likes her."

"That much was obvious." I scoffed.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out to check who was calling me. I panicked when I realised the picture on the screen was my face. Then I remembered that I actually snuck out to this party and I forgot my twin sister was covering for me.

Then another thought crossed my mind.

Conan.

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and decided I'd send Conan a huge apology speech later. Right now, I needed to get home.

"Alrighty, I'm leaving now. See you next time, Partridge." I said and ran upstairs, praying there was an open window.

"Wait, where are you going?" Louis called after me. I kept moving through the crowd, which was thinner upstairs, and pushing past people. I stopped by a window. Louis was still following me.

"Gotta bounce. Strict curfew..." I started, climbing out the window. "...my mom's kind of a psychopath..." I'm not wrong. She thinks she still has power over me until I leave the house. I'm 18 now and I'm old enough to live on my own. "...my mom doesn't really let me got to parties..." my foot almost slipped on the railing. I was on the second floor. "...I don't know why, its just a rule of hers..." my whole body was out of the building and hanging over the side. "...anyway, bye."

I climbed all the way down. I needed a car. Oh wait, I came with Priah.

I glanced back at the thick crowd of people and wondered if I could get through there and talk to Priah and still manage to leave undetected.

Probably not.

My house is only like, three blocks away. I could make it.

------------------------------

I really couldn't make it.

Am I seriously that out of shape?

By the time I got to my house, I was completely out of breath. I looked up at my bedroom window which was one story up. Usually, I'd climb a tree to get there. In that moment I was sure my knees would give way and I'd fall out, alerting the neighbor's dog that I was home which would evidently wake my mom up.

I took a deep breath and tried anyway. Luckily, there was a ladder right by my room. How convenient.

I made it up to my room and collapsed on the floor with a deep breath. I kept my eyes closed and then slowly opened them. I sat up with a jumpscare when I saw that my twin sister, Lyra was standing in the corner, staring me down like a criminal mastermind.

"You're late." she spat.

"Yeah. I know." I panted. I was still out of breath from the walk.

"Get changed. I'll be downstairs. We need to talk." she said and walked out.