𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕: 𝐓𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚

Start from the beginning

Although you fully trusted his devotion toward you, to receive such a bold confirmation that you were his chosen lady made your pool of adoration spill over your heart's edges in the hottest inferno that New York had ever seen. Even as the giggling girls walked off without taking issue with Jean's very public show of affection, the heat searing your skin was far hotter than any hellfire.

Unable to handle falling deeper down affection's circle of nine holes, you wriggled out of his grasp and tuned into the last of Armin's stress-inducing conversation.

"And you are absolutely sure there are no other rooms available?" the Londoner asked the clerk.

"I'm afraid so, sir. Other than the one I offered, we are fully booked for the duration of your intended stay. I can recommend another hotel in the area, but I cannot guarantee that it will share our establishment's devotion toward quality."

"Very well. May I have a moment to discuss with my companions, please?" The author spun around and motioned for the rest of you to step aside so others could approach the desk. "We have a bit of a conundrum."

"What is it now?" Jean whined.

"Well... You see, when I reserved a double suite for the two of us, it was prior to knowing that our duo was due to become a quartet. Now, another double suite is the only other reservation in the entire building until we leave, and it is unavailable until tomorrow."

Eren finally snapped out of his amazement to jump in, "So... We only have two beds for tonight?"

"Exactly."

"How big are the beds?"

"Well-sized, and there is a sofa in the parlor. Tomorrow, we will have the second suite so that each of us has a place to change and a bed to call our own, but for tonight... My concern stems from how we plan to split the space seeing as we brought a lady along with us."

Three sets of eyes–one sapphire, one emerald, one citrine–all shined at you.

"Why are you all looking to me for a solution? I only just woke up!" you cried, and when the three of them failed to speak, you sighed. "Fine. Since I slept all day, two of you can share a bed, someone can sleep alone, and I can take the sofa."

"You are not sleeping on a sofa," Jean flatly stated. "You need a real bed. You and I can share, and Armin and Eren–"

"Not happening, pal. Y/n and I will share a room," Eren cut in. "If you two want to share tomorrow's suite, be my guest, but if my mother finds out that we were all sleeping in the same room and I let Y/n fall pregnant the same night only for you to run off to London, she will have my throat slit in my sleep!"

"Eren!" you bit out his name.

"What?! You know I can't lie to my mother for shit! At least, if I don't know what you two get up to, I can make it to school without getting torn apart or worse: married to you to save your image! You can both do what you want tomorrow when I'm somewhere far away, but not tonight! Not when I can hear the sins being committed! I can't lie about that!"

Armin clapped his hands together and said, "Alright! I've had enough of this vulgar chat! I will sleep on the sofa, Y/n and Eren can share a bed, and Jean can have his own room. Tomorrow, we will pair off. Is everyone happy?"

Eren appeared satisfied with the terms while Jean glared at your friend's pleasant smile. You, too, frowned deeply but with so much less contempt, so you said, "That is hardly fair to you, Armin. If you intend to pay, you should have a proper bed. I can take the sofa if–"

"It is more than fine, my dear. I will enjoy a real bed tomorrow."

"Then, please, allow me to cover some of the expenses! We would hate for us to be bigger burdens than we already are. Eren can chip in some, as well."